Rnbryson, Home Buyer in Mesa, AZ

What have average prices and inventory done in the beach areas of Laguna Beach, Oceanside, La Jolla Shores and Coronado CA?

Asked by Rnbryson, Mesa, AZ Thu May 17, 2012

Answers

5
Hi!

Thanks for asking this question on Trulia. I see that you posted this quite a while ago, but here is a recent update anyway.

Just to give you some year over year stats. These are the numbers between April and and June 2014 as compared to that same period in 2013 (the difference is shown in the percentages):

Laguna Beach
New Listings 193: -8,3%
Average Active price $5,100,000: +4,4%
Average Sales Price $2,600,000: +13,3%
Median List Price $2,700,000: +0,7%
Median Sales Price $1,800,000: +17,7%

As you can see listings are down a little bit as compared to a year ago. In my opinion only about 20% of homes is really priced to sell.
The average price per square foot hovers around $1,100 in Laguna.

La Jolla:
New Listings 201: +6,9%
Average Active price $4,300,000: -6,1%
Average Sales Price $2,100,000: +11,1%
Median List Price $3,000,000: -7,8%
Median Sales Price $1,740,000: +7,8%

The price per square foot here is about $700, which is quite a bit lower than the price per SF in Laguna Beach. But homes are selling a little faster in La Jolla.

I could give you some more updated states for the entire Orange County/ San Diego area if you like. Just shoot me an e-mail or give me a call and I can get you the report right away. It is pretty useful information if you are looking to buy or invest. If you have any additional questions, I personally specialize in the Laguna Beach/ South Orange County area. If you would like some more info about San Diego, I can certainly recommend a few great agents down there.

Have a great day!

Jaleesa Peluso
Connecting buyers and sellers of luxury homes along the coast
Realtor at Berkshire Hathaway Laguna Beach
http://www.jaleesapeluso.com
jaleesa@jaleesapeluso.com
In Laguna Beach, inventory is low and demand is high. Prices are on the rise because of there is more demand than supply. That said, because of the price point and demographic of Laguna Beach, a good portion of the buyers are cash only.

Interest rates remain good, however the loans are still difficult to get so while it's a seller's market, cash buyers are in a good negotiation position.

Garry Loss
occoastal.com
garry@occoastal.com
949-288-6777
In Laguna Beach the market is steadly increasing but inventory is good shootme a call or email if you need anything in Laguna Beach

John Mussen
949 218-0280
john@ocjohn.com
We specialize in San Diego Coastal properties and we grew up in the Newport Beach and Laguna Beach area. For 50 years my family has specialized in real estate, construction, remodeling, rebuilding and new building.

We are a family owned and operated real estate broker, general contractor, interior design company and developer with over 100 years of combined experience. We would love to have the opportunity to show you the real estate values along the Southern California Coastline. Please feel free to log onto our very user friendly websites or call me anytime on my cell at 760 815-6977 or email me at onthelevel@cox.net.

http://www.tagrealestatesales.com
http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com
http://www.chadofalltrades.com
Hi RNBryson,
Inventory has been getting lower, so that means prices have been getting higher. (slowly but surely). Feel free to contact me directly for specifics- I specialize in Oceanside and the San Diego Coast!

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com