All the Best!
1. How did you finance the purchase of the property (Cash, FHA, or Conventional)
a. If you acquired a mortgage what was the interest rate on the mortgage and what was the down payment you put down on it?
2. Do you plan to live in the unit or do you plan to rent it out for the duration, occupy the property for the whole duration, or a mixture of both?
3. When you bought the unit, what did the other similar units in the building sell for?
4. What are your monthly and annual expenses on the condo (i.e. condo fee and property tax)?
There are also outside factors that could affect how the return too.
1. How does the federal government plan to avoid the fiscal cliff? How will that affect the job market in this region?
2. How will BRAC (Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission) ultimately play out and can areas like Crystal City recover from loss of federal office space?
3. If you have a mortgage, will the federal government keep mortgage interest deduction intact as it is today?
In my opinion, its a relatively safe buy. Arlington County is a very desirable area due to the location and how strong the economy is there. The fact that very few condominiums are being built right now and with more and more people relocating to the area, you could see a considerable return when you do plan to sell the property. Good luck!