Steiner222, Other/Just Looking in Santa Monica, CA

What do you think of all the new construction (condos/lofts) in Marina Del Rey, East of Lincoln/South of?

Asked by Steiner222, Santa Monica, CA Mon May 19, 2008

Washington? Is this a good area to buy?

You are referring to the New Condo Developments on Glencoe I believe. The development is quite dense, however, the Condo's themselves are very nice. If you like community living and being close to beaches and the Marina you would most likely love them.
Naturally, all the stainless steel and frosted glass is very appealing against the backdrop of a postcard-esque pacific sunset. However, between the County Assessor's tax, the HOA dues and the additional Mello Roos taxes assessed to buyers in this specific community district--not to mention the somewhat steep asking prices themselves--the reality is that the costs associated with ownership in any phase/development of Playa Vista will be considerably greater than the ownership costs of similar units/construction anywhere else in the county! Final verdict = In today's real estate climate, LEASING in this specific development project seems much more prudent than buying.
My office is located in Marina Del Rey and I can say for sure that the Del Rey Arts District is appealing, stylish, creative, contemporary and architectural. Such projects as G1 Living, Steel Lofts, Indigo, Element and Pier Pointe have brought excitement to an already desirable location. The newly constructed complexes offer spacious, open, bright units with all the modern amenities one could wish for. In addition, Marina Del Rey is definitely an area that maintains it values.

Seeing is believing! Please contact me as I would love to arrange property tours for you and show you first hand what the area has to offer!

Lezlie Brazil
4644 Admiralty Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
T 310-991-4263
Web Reference:
This is a good area. Check the flight path though.
If you would like information on this drop me a line

Kind Regards
Michael Barron
First Team Real Estate
(714) 552-6817