Gary D King, Real Estate Pro in 41017

What days are the best to take off for realtors? Saturday is the perfect showing day? Sunday-open house? What do you think?

Asked by Gary D King, 41017 Mon Mar 22, 2010

Answers

12
Mack Elliott’s answer
As a seasoned agent I can tell you that you need balance in your real estate career. Yes , something always does come up but if you let your clients know in advance that you have a day that is set aside for you and your interests they will for the most part understand. After all in their occupation they have days off ! If something does come up , team up with another agent and share the work load on your cooperating days off...at least the client will have a person to talk to and you both will have a day off and you can tend to their needs when you are back on the job.
I always take Tuesday off.
Nothing related to real estate, except updating my Mom, gets done on Tuesday.
This day, Tuesday is my renewal, restoration time.
It all about me and my inner well being on Tuesday.
I always take Tuesday off.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Grou[
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041

After 30 years in real estate, adaptability, agility, flexibility, seeing real opportunity, has proven essential. Whenever asked this question I always repeat what ever day of the week the question is presented.
Friday is my typical day off. Weekends are prime for house hunters and the earlier part of the week is spent following up with active clients. Friday's have always been pretty slow, so I deemed it my day off :-)
Not sure there are any "best" days, but just play it by ear and mix it up from week to week. Just make sure you set aside some down time, afterall, family is most important.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Thursday for me - although I work more then I take off.

Golf courses are less crowded -

Restaurants are less crowded -

And you still plenty of time to prep for open houses and showings on the weekend.

Children’s birthdays, friend’s parties, vacation – my hope is that we can be at these and any other number of events without work. Maybe a regular day off helps that to happen more easily for us?
Four months ago, I started as an agent. I haven't had a day off, yet. I even travelled to Florida for a funeral and continued to work. However, I am able to do personal business during my days, too and I absolutely love being an agent. When I sold cars, I rarely had a minute off. I think being an agent, it is easier to find some free time.

But no, I don't plan on setting aside one day. If something comes up, it could become irritating. Better to take some time off here and there.
My barber takes a day off on wednesday. It seems to be about the slowest day for most businesses.
I agree with the other answers with one exception. I believe it's important to set aside one day for you and your family. If you don't, ultimately you could burn out and jeapordize relationships-that will effect your business. Planning your week at the beginning of the week blocking out time usually works for me. That day off usually will vary from week to week, but I make it priority to have at least one day off.
Obviously, like the previous answers said, you need to be prepared to work all days but I personally try to set aside Wednesdays, if at all possible. Later in the week I am often gearing up for the weekend and early in the week I am catching up on stuff that happens during the weekend. Wednesday is right in the middle so for me, of all days, its usually the best.
Can't say I'm always successful though.
Unfortunately, there is/are no perfect days to take off--something always seems to come up.
Be prepared to work 7 days a week and take a day off whenever you happen to be able to.

That's why we get paid the big bucks =)