Market Conditions in 63122>Question Details

mojinmjs2000, Home Buyer in Saint Louis, MO

What can I expect as a average market price change to my house in Since Spring 2010?

Asked by mojinmjs2000, Saint Louis, MO Fri Feb 8, 2013

Answers

4
there is a difference in what area you are in. For example in 2012 St Louis County overall had a 3% increase, St Charles County had a 4.4% increase, St Louis City had an 18.1% increase adn Jefferson county had a 1.6% increase. Within those areas however, there was a huge difference in areas - for example North St Louis County didn't have the same level of increase that West St Louis County had and within the city of St Louis, there were areas that declined and areas that increased.

The data you want is available, but it really has to be refined by more than just the St Louis metro area.
Hi if you email me your address at jeniferelam@coldwellbankerpremier.com. I can run comps for you and give you some stats on what is happening in your area. And don't worry I won't pressure you to list Have a great day! Jen
Thanks, but I'm just looking for a very rough average annual % increase/decrease over the last 3 years.

Surely there is some market data out there to provide averages changes.
there are way too many variables to even start to answer that question here. It depends on the area your home is in, the condition of the home, the appreciation/depreciation of homes over the past couple of years and much more. In some areas of St Louis, we are back to a sellers market. In a few areas, we are still at a buyers market. even in the areas where it is a sellers market, we need to look at what the homes in your area have been selling for over the past 2 years.

Please note that if you are looking at assessed value for upcoming taxes, vs market value, that takes into consideration homes that have sold in a set time frame as well