Market Conditions in 33950>Question Details

Kathym7088, Home Buyer in Cloquet, MN

What % below asking price are homes selling for in 33950?

Asked by Kathym7088, Cloquet, MN Sat Mar 16, 2013

Answers

14
Pamela Sperry’s answer
Hi Kathy,

Good question, the current market would be 90% to 94 % of asking price in our current market. If I can be of help with your real estate needs, I can be reached at pam@pamsperry.com or 941-916-2561.

I have 23 years of local knowledge!

Kindly,

Pam
On Average 4-5% in 33950
Previous answers are accurate. 90+% of successfully negotiated and closed sales are at about 95% of asking price +/- 3%.

Please send me your email address along with any additional criteria about what you're looking for, ie. your budget, how many bedrooms rooms you need, pool, gulf access, property size, location etc. I will send you all of the currently available homes that fit the picture you build for me.

I go beyond the conventional expectations of my customers by locating the perfect property that fits your needs, negotiating the best deal possible and protecting your interests every step of the way. Call me and lets talk about how I can help you find a house you will love.

Respectfully,

Terence Trombetti • Realtor®
Gulf Coast Realty Network
4002 Del Prado Blvd. S.
Cape Coral, FL 33904
Mobile 239.560.1574
terencetrombetti@gmail.com
http://www.gulfcoastproperty.net

*Contact me for a current list of active properties that fit your needs. Conventional, foreclosure and short sales. All properties I send come directly from the Realtor's MLS system and therefore are real-time current information, only active and available homes.

See my customer testimonials here: http://www.zillow.com/profile/terencetrombetti/Reviews?my=y

**If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks.
Hi Kathy,

Currently 90 - 94 %. If you need any with help your real estate needs, I can be reached at 941-916-2561 or Pam@pamsperry.com.

I have 23 years of local knowledge of the area and the market :-)

Kindly,

Pam Sperry
Usually the closing price will be between 5 to 10 percent below asking price in this area. There are exceptions of course. Good question!
In what price range? What type of home? Are you looking at this form a buyers point of view...how much less do I offer? Or from a sellers point of view...how much do I overprice it?

Perhaps the questions should include:
What things besides price can I negotiate to get a really good deal?
What incentives can I offer the buyer/seller so my offer gets accepted?
What type of loan gives me the best chances of having the offer accepted/the closing happen?
In this zip code, there are 148 homes sold in the past six months, and the average selling to list price ratio was 94%. Statistics are often helpful, however, the true market continues to be the price that a buyer is willing to pay, and what a seller is willing to sell his house for. Good luck on your transaction!
Hello, Kathy -

If you're looking only at waterfront properties (which most people asking about our zip code ARE), we have some statistics that may be of interest to you, including selling to list price ratios. Visit http://www.KRolland.info and let us know if that's where your interests are.

Otherwise, the 386 sales in our zip code that closed during the last 12 months ranged from a 1924 1,800 sq ft wood-frame home (on three lots) listed at $39,900 that sold for $25,000 (63%) to a 2003 5,000+ sq ft riverfront home listed at $1,575,000 that sold for $1,200,000 (76%). 321 (83%) of those 386 however, closed at 90% (or better) of list price; 55 (14%) closed at 100% (or better) of list price.

While I agree with some previous writers' opinions that at a zip code level that ratio is almost meaningless, this was an interesting exercise, Thank you.
All homes (single family, condos, manufactured) for the month of February 2013 was 88.54%. The breakdown is as follows: Condos/townhouses was 90.69%; Single family/villa was 87.73%; Manufactured/mobile was 83.75%.
In general the homes are selling between 93 to 97% of asking price. It depends on the area you are looking at. The 33950 zip code covers a wide range of style, size and price ranges of homes. Some are in deed-restricted communities, some are smaller homes in non-deed restricted areas, some are on the water. But in most cases nothing sells below 90% of asking price. We also quite often have multiple offers and the home will sell over asking price. If I can help with anything else or answer any other questions about the area, please let me know.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/
I'm in Ron's camp. Lets say you knew if a Zip code was selling 90% below asking.

This is as helpful as knowing the average car sells for 20,000, 90% below sticker.

Which is to say, the information, while interesting, is not helpful when you come to buying a home.

First a Zip is NOT homogeneous. I can show you Zips with average cost being 150,000- I can show you 10,000,000 homes, and 20,000 homes.

In some area homes are selling for more than listing!!!!! Price wars have broken out.

A homes value CAN NOT be determined by knowning "Average" % off listing price in a Zip code. Using it would NOT lead to a good outcome.

John
Kathy those numbers are all over the board. Typically if a home is priced right the selling price will be in the 90+ percent of the asking price. Homes that are price above the proper pricing range generally won't receive many offers and if they do the offers will likely be based on what properly priced comps sold for. Hope that helps. Bill Arther - Keller Williams Realty - 941-661-3643 - BArther@KW.com
It's about 90% currently. If you're thinking of moving here - do so - I left MN in 2009 and have not regretted it at all - especially in the colder months.
Why would you assume that the ASKING PRICE is reasonable?
And why would you assume that houses were selling BELOW that price?