Karen, Both Buyer and Seller in Texas

What areas around Eglin AFB might appreciate in the future based on the area's anticipated growth. For

Asked by Karen, Texas Mon Jul 21, 2008

example, might Crestview or Navarre property appreciate in value? Would love to buy home, but even at falling prices, cannot afford the niceties of newer Bluewater Bay.

Answers

3
Crestview is supposed to be the fastest growing city in Florida. You can find a nice home in Crestview for a reasonable price. Fort Walton Beach has some nice areas with some very nice homes, as does Mary Esther and Shalimar. Fort Walton Beach and Mary Esther are quite close to Eglin AFB--Navarre would work better if you were at Hurlburt Field. You might be surprised at Niceville--BWB can be affordable, especially now--what price range are you looking in? Valparaiso is another possibility. Most of the properties are priced right now so that the likelihood of increasing in value is high. You would want to stay south of I-10 in Crestview. For maximum value increase, however, the "amenities" of BWB are great, and shopping carefully can put it in reach.
Web Reference: http://www.MykeTriebold.com
Crestview is a fast growing area due to the lack of available land for development in Fort Walton Beach. Depending where you would be stationed, Eglin or Hurlburt Field, Crestview would be closer for your commute back and forth to the base. Currently the trend seems to be that the further south you are from I-10 the better your chances of holding your value in the home. There are many places that are made up of newer homes, due to the growth that we have seen since 2004. If you are stationed at Hurlburt Field, Navarre would be a better location for you. Navarre currently seems to be a sleeping community and if things continue, it can be the next "Destin" in the area. Lots of room to expand and typically you can get more home for your money per square foot. One of the biggest Home Owners Association is located in Holley By The Sea. Over 4900 property owners with access to a multi million dollars facilities available to the property owners and guest only.
Niceville and Crestview are good locations for Eglin AFB. If looking in Crestview, I would suggest south of I-10. There are some great deals in Crestview right now with builders. It would be easy to help if I knew what you were looking and what price range are looking at. Please contact me, I will be happy to send you a welcome package on the area and any information you need.
Web Reference: http://www.SusanRood.com