Market Conditions in Austin>Question Details

tramsblondes, Home Seller in Austin, TX

What are these Guaranteed Sale Programs I have heard about? I had a friend list with an agent and he had her sign up for this.

Asked by tramsblondes, Austin, TX Wed Jun 6, 2012

Are they backed by an insurance company? How does the program work? Is that a frequent thing in today's market?

Answers

5
Jeffrey Schnabel’s answer
Hi Tramsblondes (great name),

This would be called the "promise the agent hopes they never have to live up to" program, taught in the school of "I wanna be an agent and offer anything I can just to get people to list their homes with me" school. There are so many holes in the terms and conditions that the paper it's written on isn't even good to use as screening material. Can I be more blunt than this?

My recommendation to customers is to use an agent who has a reputation of knowing how to sell homes such that they don't have to offer a guarantee that really isn't one? Sad to think this kind of thing goes on, but it does.

Jeffrey
512-913-7480

P.S. If you want me to blow holes in the contract, send me a copy, it should be fun!
Jeffrey;
next time, please don't sugar-coat it!

Okay?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 6, 2012
Remember the old addage...If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!!! Joe
As you heard from the previous answers, this is a program by which a Realtor tries to get your listing and if it does not sell, they "guarantee" to purchase it at a very low price, usually about $.60-.70 on the dollar!! It is not really practical... it is more of a gimmick than anything.
If you do not have your house listed yet, I am a Residential Specialist and have an excellent track record of selling homes for what they're actually worth in a shorter than average amount of time. I use a very extensive marketing program, over 20 years of sales experience, and no gimmicks or questionable methods.
Feel free to click on my photo, review my Credentials and Client Testimonials, and contact me ASAP if you have not yet signed up with another Realtor. Thanks, Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, 512-261-4415

Guaranteed sales programs are guaranteeing that your house will sell at a certain price during a certain time frame. If it doesn't, the Broker offering this program will buy your home for much less than it's worth. I would ask myself how much of my profit I am willing to give up to participate in this type of program. If you're in a huge hurry and are not in need of all your equity, it may work for you. I don't see this type of program a lot, although it is certainly out there.

I believe it is much more important to find a competent, experienced Realtor who will do what it takes to get YOU the most money for your home. Pick your Realtor first, then decide on price.

Kathleen Bauerle Vernon
Third Generation Austin Realtor
512-567-9909
Jackson Properties
kvernon@austin.rr.com