Market Conditions in Stuart>Question Details

Duma, Home Buyer in 32789

What are the trends for Intracoastal, direct ocean access deep water properties in downtown Stuart?

Asked by Duma, 32789 Thu May 31, 2012

How much are buyers paying per square foot for Land and for Built up area? I have an older home on the water (St Lucie River) in downtown Stuart on Riverside Drive and I am contemplating selling. Thanks

Answers

7
Hi Duma,

There are a lot of variables that go into what the current market will bear for waterfront property. For instance, in your area of Riverside Drive, it will depend on how much frontage you have, whether or not you have a dock, or the possibility of a dock, elevation, specific location as well as the condition of the surrounding homes. If you'd like to give me a call, I can come over and give you an opinion of value. I live just down the street.

My number is 772-323-6996.
Web Reference: http://GabeSanders.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
Duma,
Yes, it will depend upon home size, condition, water access etc. There has been upward pressure on prices in the area due to lower inventory and properties coming on to the market in good condition. You should get a personalized (no obligation) review of your home before putting it onto the market so that you can get your home ready to sell at the highest possible price in the market. Let me know if I can help you,
Diane Romer
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Laviano & Associates
772-708-2267
diane@theromerpuenteteam.com
Duma,

Overall the market has been very strong with waterfront properties in good condition and properly priced selling very well. However, there is still a lot of inventory and most buyers are still very price driven. Check out some of your neighbors who have homes on the market;

1455 Riverside listed at $2,400,000 - A 5,452 square foot CBS home that has been on the market for 116 days with no change in list price. It has a county valuation of $994,940.

931 Riverside listed at $1,999,995 - A 4,774 square foot CBS home that has been on the market for 66 days with price reductions from it's original list price of $2,125,000. It has a county valuation of $1,060,040.

1003 Riverside listed at $1,399,900 - A 3,610 square foot CBS home that has been on the market for 242 days with price reductions from it's original list price of $1,550,000. It has a county valuation of $716,990.

831 Riverside listed at $799,900 - A 1,700 square foot frame home that has been on the market for 67 days with price reductions from it's original list price of $900,000. It has a county valuation of $551,200.

Over the last 6 months we have had one of your neighbors successfully sell their home at 1041 Riverside for $635,000. It is a 2,060 square foot CBS home that was on the market for 272 days. It was last listed at $729,000 down from the original list price of $849,000. It has a county valuation of $523,060.

The "luxury" home market has shown some renewed vigor but still a lot of inventory compared to lower price points where there is very little quality inventory available. Projections are for a higher level of foreclosures hitting the market and while we have seen some upward pricing pressure for the first time in 6 years it certainly is not a runaway train.

There have been no lot sales on Riverside over the past 2 years but the parcel at 811 Riverside is listed at $795,000 down form it;s original list price of $1,199,000 and has been on the market for 683 days and has a county valuation of $447,400.

If you would like a complimentary consultation I would be happy to come up and see you to show you what I can do to assist you in meeting your ultimate goal. I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Thanks Duma, but I think we still need to see the property to serve you best! This is a free evaluation and can give you a pretty clear picture of where your property would be in this market. You can give me a call at 772.475.9349 and We can make arrangements to view your property.
Duma,

Thanks, but I would still like to see the property. Please contact me directly.
thank you both for your replies... Land is approx 90WFF and about 210Feet deep. Home is 3/2 ranch with a pool in very good condition. Seawall and Dock are in great shape.
It varies with the lot, condition of the home etc. You could have just lot value or more depending on view, dock and location. You really need for a Realtor to come help determine value. Would love to help!