Valerie, Home Buyer in Redondo Beach, CA

What are the pet rules in Dubrava Village?

Asked by Valerie, Redondo Beach, CA Wed May 29, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Guerneville/sold/8020…

Answers

5
The weight limit for dogs is 50 lbs. The "yards" for the units are quite small and not suitable for keeping a dog in....some are fully fenced and some are not. The board of directors and management company do a great job at this development......just be aware that they do enforce the rules, especially regarding dogs on leash, parking restrictions, and no short term rentals of the units. I have a place there and it is really very nice and quiet....probably not the best place to buy if you have never lived in a condo community and can't or won't follow the rules.
Hey there Valerie!
I've got a listing in Dubrava right now! Just came on the market 10 days ago.
It's got a larger area fenced off than most of the other units just for this exact reason. It is the size you are looking for, 2/2.
MLS# 21314720 Priced to move at only $290,000.00
Oh boy! I know I'd love it! I can't buy yet though, bummer. It's dependent on the sale and estate closing of my Mom's house in Torrance, Ca. It's being readied for sale now. I'm hoping by year end the latest now. Thanks, JoElken! There will be something I just know it! Shoot.
Flag Thu Jul 18, 2013
Great, thanks, Sheila! My dog is 56 lbs and not aggressive! This is the complex I'm interested in buying into, or very similar, but won't be in a position to purchase for maybe 4 more months or so. Not at all interested in a house. But do want an enclosed patio/yard, 2 bdrms, 1-2 baths. I have been living in Rhode Island the past 3 yrs and want to come back to Calif, Northern in particular. I lived in So Calif for 60 yrs so am very familiar with Calif. and spent many vacations with family on the Russian River.

Thank you for checking... Hopefully there will be something available there when I'm ready to buy. No hurry. I can be patient and will wait for the right one to come along, which I know will.
I heard again from the listing agent and he gave me more precise information: you can have two pets, maximum 50 lbs each. I think 6 lbs would not be a deal breaker. Just dress you dog in something slimming.

There have not been a lot of those units on the market, but there hasn't been a lot of anything on the market the last 2 years. If you're over this way, call me and we can at least go see the complex if there is not a unit on the market then. But, in the long run you are right...the right one will come be there when you're ready.

I'm giving you my contact info because I am not always on this site and it will give you a direct way to reach me if you have anything else you I can help you with. I hope to meet you and your dog some day!
Best wishes,
Sheila
(707) 829-7493 - Ofc | (707) 478-7240 (Cell)
sheila.lawrence@cbnorcal.com
http://www.SheilaLawrence.com
Flag Thu May 30, 2013
I called the listing agent and he did not have the rules at hand, but he believes the limit is dogs is one per unit and no larger than about 50-70 lbs. There are a couple of labs that live there, so that gives you an idea. I just showed that unit last week and it is a lovely complex--the only gated on in Guerneville that I've ever seen, and it has river frontage with a beautifully landscaped lawn and kayak storage right there. If you want a condo in the river area, this is probably the best complex. Great for long term or get-away spot. Let me know if I can answer any more questions.
Sheila
I'd be happy to look into that if you contact me, however let me say that if you have a big or aggressive dog, you should really be thinking about buying a home where you have adequate area to keep your pet for exercise. Try the search engine in my website for active listings currently in the Sonoma County area. You don't need to register to access it. Best, Terry
Terry Bell, Realtor
CPS Real Estate
Sonoma County
707-292-5712
TerryinSR@aol.com
DRE#01414808