Market Conditions in Ellijay>Question Details

Angels, Home Buyer in Satellite Beach, FL

What are the current market conditions in the Coossawattee River Resort?

Asked by Angels, Satellite Beach, FL Wed Mar 4, 2009

We are thinking of purchasing a second home in the CRR. Are properties selling? Are new homes still being built? Have prices come down? Are there many foreclosures and short sales and if so, how has that affected the HOA? Thanks!

Answers

4
Hi! If you are still interested in purchasing a home in CRR, I would love to send you a list of available properties. I am a local realtor w/ extensive knowledge of CRR as I am also a homeowner there.
RealtorAngelaSmith@gmail.com
Hi Angels
I have been showing and selling recently in CCR. It's a neat community which appears to be thriving. After speaking with a homeowner and employee of CCR it sounds as if the community is doing fine as far as the health of the HOA. I'm sure you could get their budget data directly from the POA office as it should be available. They have a great community website by the way. I would be happy to represent you as your Buyer agent there and in the surrounding areas.
Yes there are foreclosures there and some short sales. It's about the same as most areas of North GA. It makes for great buying opportunities in CCR. I have really shown some great homes for very affordable prices in the last 2 months there. I just closed on a fannie mae foreclosure there too. It was in good to very good condition. Not all foreclosures are in poor condition by any means. There are lots of homes in the 100k- 180 range that are really quite nice and a good buy for 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, possibly a garage or basement or both!
Have you visited the upscale mountain community of Big Canoe in North Georgia? This is a great time for buyers to purchase a second home in Big Canoe. There are many amenities which include 27 holes of golf, fitness center, 20+ miles of hiking trails, pools and much more. Also, the community is approx. 1 hour from Atlanta, GA. You can visit my website at http://www.northgeorgialistings.com to learn more about homes for sale in the community of Big Canoe. I have been a full-time resident of Big Canoe for over 10 years and would love to show you what the community has to offer. I can be reached at 706-268-3000 or e-mail.
Coosawatte RR continuesto offer buyers opportunities with affordable pricing for permanent or part time living in the North Georgia mountains. This is not the "best of times for sellers", but it is an area where sales are still happening everyday and appropriate pricing, after getting a Comparative Market Analysis, will probably produce a sale. For buyers, this resort community offers many ammenities at a reasonable cost of about $500 +/- per year. Home styles are varied so you can generally find what suits your lifestyle. Yes, there are many short sale/foreclsoure property as there are in many areas of the country to consider, but uncomplicated options exist also with regular houses for sale. Time determines whether or not you want to deal with closing of the shorts and foreclosures. With patience and endurance, you can bring those to a successful close!! Let me know if I can help you in any way to identify what you are seeking in this area.
Judy Aselton, Realtor, CherrylogEllijay, Ga. 678-463-1129
Web Reference: http://www.judyaselton.com