Market Conditions in Atlanta>Question Details

Ana Qubain, Home Buyer in Ladera Ranch, CA

What are the best neighborhoods in Atlanta to live, gated comunity, golf courses, lakes and such?

Asked by Ana Qubain, Ladera Ranch, CA Thu Aug 26, 2010

Answers

13
Ana,
Picking the right neighborhood should be based on your price range, your desired commute and your own personal preference to the feel of a neighborhood.

But, yes, in the greater Atlanta area, we have gated, golf course and lake communities. A combination of all three will certainly narrow down your search within the various counties.

If you would like more information about Atlanta, try http://www.KnowAtlanta.com. If this link doesn't work, copy and paste the web address into your browser. There's a lot of good information and it's a great place to start. Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions.

Welcome to Atlanta!

Stacy Carter
Associate Broker
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers
678-641-6631
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 26, 2010
A lot of it depends on what part of town you want to be in, there are nice communities all over, perhaps you need to be close to job, relatives, friends, etc. Start from there, and decide how long a commute you want from that point, and then a good agent can give you the communities that fit your criteria. Of course, price range has something to do with it as well. Atlanta is such a large metro area, something for everyone!

The Atlanta Home Connection is here to help you with those questions and more, go to http://www.TheAHC.net for more Atlanta info.
Web Reference: http://www.TheAHC.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 26, 2010
Great Sky Community- (is where my Heart is) when I first came to Georgia, let alone Canton, I fell in love. Searching like most home-buyers (looking at every home available in all areas) we settled on The Great Sky Community- Nestled in Cherokee County, very convenient to shopping, restaurants, entertainment and historic Canton. That comfortable feeling you get when you drive home (and did I mention the drive into Great Sky-) breathtaking, walking trails, trees, and lots of hills. Great Sky Canton Georgia offers a wide range of activities and is a Swim, Tennis Community that has a Junior Olympic Pool with beach entry pool, a water slide, and a water umbrella that looks like a mushroom and is a great way to cool off in the summer. There's Tennis, Basketball Courts, Children's Playground and even a Nature Walk trail that has a children's adventure park. If you’re looking to buy a home and want a Refreshing Change....be my neighbor in Great Sky......
If that doesn’t interest you, then maybe River Green Community or Bridgemill Golf Community
Whatever you are looking for, I would love to be your Realtor….. Maria Mekus- Re/Max Town & Country
Web Reference: http://www.mekus.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 26, 2010
We are going to re-locate to North Atlanta and wondered what school are the best for our boys ages 10 and 7. Want a great elementary, middle and high school for the boys to grow with over the years. We are from Ohio and currently live just outside Chicago.
GA isn't lighting the world on fire with school rankings. In this market, values tend to strongly follow school reputation and that means areas like Alpharetta, Milton, East Cobb, Johns Creek, South Forsyth and generally the north Atlanta area. That said, once you decide on an area then you need to dig into the micro markets to select the best community. I'm an appraiser as well as broker - this is exactly what I do every day - http://www.hmtatlanta.com
Flag Sun Jan 20, 2013
Good Morning Ana,

I wanted to check in and see if you had further questions or need additional assistance because we have not heard back from you in this post?

My preference by far for the "best Neighborhoods in Atlanta to live in" are those on the north side of Atlanta. The consensus here seems to be largely communities up 400 in areas like Roswell, Alpharetta, and Johns Creek, which I agree with on the whole, however, there are certainly other wonderful neighborhoods as well, and one shining example is Marietta Country Club in Cobb County.

Like Hank below, I don't just want to show you neighborhoods to see, which any agent worth their salt can do - I want to help you make a sound investment for the long term. To acheive that goal, I can provide you with past, current, and future market trends on any neighborhood of interest to you, like I do for all clients, plus something you won't get anywhere else - top level Direct Broker Representation, and a host of unique additional buyer services, due-diligence, and protections that exceed the available services and expected responsibilites of any realtor. This unique buyer representation program, The Wise Buyer Program, makes you a more informed buyer, and privides the edge you need to assure a sound purchase at the best possible price and terms. It's Representation You Can Trust!

If you have not yet selected a real estate expert to assist you, I would like to invite you to go to my specialized Home Buyers website and fill in your information - there is no obligation and I would be happy to discuss your goals and suggest the best plan of action based on your individual circumstances. The form is designed to proactivly ask questions you may not have thought about: http://www.thehomebuyersrep.com/dream_home.htm

To research and view homes in some excellent Golf, Lake, and Country Club Communities visit my other site to see property in several different North Atlanta Counties: http://www.atlanta-real-estate-online.net/category/atlanta-s…

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions or would prefer Comprehensive Buyer Representation that exceeds industry standard real estate services. I would be happy to provide outstanding relocation and homefinding assistance and protections to you and your family.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Professional Buyers Broker
Relocation Expert
New Home Construction Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspection Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
“Know if the property is a Deal or a Money Pit - Before you submit your offer!”
The number of gated communities blew up during the boom and now many of those upstart communities are on the ropes; foreclosures and bank owned lots (in some cases entire communities) are seen. In my opinion, the best performing communities are up the 400 corridor into Roswell and Alpharetta. There are execetions - Atlanta CC and Marietta CC in Cobb are two. You need to find the ones that are within a reasonable commute, stable and still retain their appeal. You also want to avoid those partially complete - as it's not unusual for those types of communities to reappear with lower price homes.

Many are in trouble - Sugarloaf CC is bombed with foreclosures, St Ives is struggling with values and the Manor fell out of the gate. I've sold and appraised homes in just about all of these communities, major money has been lost by folks that didn't want to objectively look at the data and think ahead.

Drop me a line for more specific info.

Hank
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 5, 2010
Ana~What's your handicap?? Metro Atlanta has wonderful golf/swim/tennis country club communties with homes in various price ranges and design. Depending on what area you are looking, the variety is out there. Let me know when you plan to visit Metro Atlanta and we can arrange a tour of various neighborhoods and maybe a round of golf! Are you a tennis player? Atlanta is big on tennis, we have ALTA here. Thousands of players are very active in that league. Lake Lanier also has a nice course @ Lanier Islands...I've played it; fabulous views of the Lake. Hopefully we can help! Kathleen RE/MAX http://www.kathleenbrady.com
Hi Ana, I agree with some of these other answers - Alpharetta and also Milton. It's a very pretty area here. There are great restaurants, plenty of shopping, golf and gated communities and it is gorgeous horse country. Lake Lanier is just North on GA400. The North Georgia mountains are only 1-2 hours away. I'd be happy to help you find a home here!
Look for close to work areas, with lots of shopping nearby and great schools. These are the areas in demand that folks want. Your budget will effect where you go but all the right combination of features are available in most every price range.

I would be happy to help you locate the ideal place to call home.

Mark Lackey
Atlanta Housing Source at
Solid Source Realty, Inc.
Associate Broker
EcoBroker
Mark@AtlantaHousingSource.com
404-886-8789

Services
Home Buyers & Sellers - http://www.AtlantaHousingSource.com
Property Management – http://www.SolidSourcePM.com
What's your budget?

How will you commute for current Atlanta friends, business in and around the perimeter if any, and of course, pleasure? Do you travel by air often?

Is it all about being simply in a great country club with lots of obvious value, maybe anywhere in "Atlanta?" Well, there are probably 5 or 10 that you might like a lot.

Ana - google "Jamie Reynolds, Reynolds Plantation, The Ritz Carlton" and spend some time on some of those websites...I think that Reynold's Plantation is the best value for your current criteria. 55 minutes from downtown ATL.

When are you coming for a visit?
Ana, the area growing the fastest is North Fulton Forsyth Counties. Cities in north Fulton, such as Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Roswell have the top schools in Georgia. In Forsyth County, Cumming and Suwanee schools are also rated top. Taxes are considerably lower in Forsyth County. I live in Johns Creek. Most of the neighborhoods are swim/tennis communities. Close to Atlanta, major businesses, entertainment, shopping, this area is one of the places buyers will look at. There are so many wonderful neighborhoods and communities in the area, it would be hard to pick just one. Home prices range anywhere from high 170's to well over $2 million. Many of my neighbors are from out of state and love it here. Truly a great place to live, work and play.

Tracey Snepp
Keller Williams Realty Consultants
678-592-7753
Hi Ana,

In the event that you do move here, let me go ahead and welcome you to Atlanta!

Your question depends on so many things that are personal to you - location, price, etc. I know where my favorite neighborhhoods are in each area, but I am more interested in helping you decide what is right for you based on your personal needs and preferences.

I would like to suggest you go to my specialized Home Buyers website and fill in your information - the form is designed to proactivly ask you questions you may not have thought about: http://www.thehomebuyersrep.com/dream_home.htm . In addition, to perform some research to see some excellent Golf, Lake, and Country Club Communities visit my other site to see that type property in several different North Atlanta Counties: http://www.atlanta-real-estate-online.net/category/atlanta-s…

I have helped several families relocate to Atlanta from California and Colorado, including the producer of the hugely popular police/crime drama Miami Vice, and would like to offer my unique services to assist you.

Here are a few unique advantages I offer:

My Wise Buyer Program™ provides over $5000 worth of free home structural and major systems analysis in addition to top level direct Broker/Owner representation. There is nothing else like it in Atlanta - with this system you are more informed about what your maximum offer should be, or if you would be wiser to move on and keep looking, because you know what you are buying Before you ever submit your offer! Obviously that approach has far too many significant benefits to list here – for more information, see the site below.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions or need immediate and highly specialized assistance.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Professional Buyers Broker
Relocation Expert
New Home Construction Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
my vote is Alpharetta or South Forsythe county. Lot's of golf courses, and nicer areas to live. Lake Lanier is 10-15 minutes away.