staffordedis…, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

What are the best areas to buy in Washington DC with access to public transport and close to Georgetown?

Asked by staffordedison, Washington, DC Sun Oct 7, 2012

Answers

6
Foggy Bottom and Georgetown are your closest options.

There are lot of areas that fit that the description above. Depending on what type of home you are looking for will narrow the criteria. Feel free to search the site below.
All great answers so far. My Long & Foster office is in Georgetown so I know it well. Consider Rosslyn in addition to West End and Foggy Bottom. If Virgnia is an option for you, Rosslyn is a great choice!
Foggy Bottom and Dupont have great options for all home types, retail and entertainment, with easy access to Georgetown. Happy to help if you'd like. Welcome to NW DC, Stafford!
Hi

It depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for a cond? Co-op? or home? It also depends on your price point. The DC metro area has a pretty good bus system, so Glover Park or Burleith (which are not on a metro line) are connected to other areas via the bus. Other areas near Georgetown, to the Northeast you have Dupont to the east you have Foggy Bottom/West End. Both Dupont and Foggy Bottom/West End have metro stations.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or if I can be of any assitance.

Melissa
mbarkalow@comcast.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
Hello Stafford,

There are many great areas that are close to Georgetown with access to transportation so it's really just a matter of personal preference and affordability. Generally, the closer to Georgetown, the more expensive but that's not entirely the case. Some of my favorite areas are Dupont, West End, Foggy Bottom, and Kalorama if you want to stay in DC within walking distance of Georgetown and be close to a Metro station. I live and work in this part of the city and would be glad to send you some great listings in these and other areas of the city if you contact me at waynej@kw.com or 202-494-0714. I would welcome the opportunity to help you in any way I can.

All the very best,

Wayne
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012