Market Conditions in 10940>Question Details

J&A REI, Both Buyer and Seller in Middletown, NY

What are the Avg cost, rent, taxes, and DOM for a 3bed home in the Middletown,NY area?

Asked by J&A REI, Middletown, NY Mon Jan 7, 2013

Answers

3
depending on school district, the cost is about175-200,000 in the middletown school district..and about 225-250 in the pine bush or minisink valley school districts.. the taxes are different for the school districts..in the city taxes are about 4-5,000 outside the city theget a little higher. Average days on market in the area is about 190 days...
Interesting question. Not sure what it is you are really interested in learning. Is it the average cost to rent or to purchase? Taxes would only be a factor in a purchase or if you are looking for a return on investment analysis. Days on market for those that have sold or those that haven't? All would also need adjustments for the five school districts that service the 10940 zip code.

If you can refine your question I’m sure you will get the information that will be most helpful to you.
Hi J&A REI,
Currently, there are 18 3 bedroom homes for rent in the Middleton area, they are asking between $1100 and $3000 a month in range and most are asking between $1200 and $1800. The cost is going to depend on a lot of different factors like age and condition. For taxes, it would depend on a few different things, mostly square footage, condition, and area. There has been 72 three bedroom home sales in Middleton through the MLS in the last 12 months with sales prices ranging from $20,000 all the way up to $350,000. The DOM will depend on condition and price relative to other homes on the market. If you are priced lower than other comparable homes on the market, your dom will be low.
If you would like me to email you all the comparable I have and leased homes sheets, just contact me. If you already have a property in mind I can really narrow it down for you so you know what you're getting into.
William Smith
914-420-1974
WSmith1213@Gmail.com
http://www.RealEstateInOrangeCountyNY.com