Market Conditions in 15108>Question Details

Nicole, Home Buyer in 15108

What are some market value projections within the next five or so years for the coraopolis area? Are the expectations upward or downward?

Asked by Nicole, 15108 Tue Apr 3, 2012

My fiance and I are thinking about purchasing our first house in coraopolis. We have one in mind already but before we buy, I need to know that we are making a good investment.

Answers

1
Virginia M. Stump’s answer
Projecting what will happen in the market over the next five years is truly a guess, but here is mine: As the economy improves, I expect housing values to trend higher, just like the stock market is doing. From January 2011 to January 2012, the overall SW PA market appreciated 5.07%, then appreciation dipped slightly in February. I expect the warmer than usual winter and spring will bring buyers out in droves, since the bank lending rates are "on sale". Right now, it is a better deal to buy than rent. Those lending rates will probably also start to go up slowly, so now is a really good time to buy. I'll go out on a limb and project that housing values in the greater Pittsburgh region will be at least 10-15% higher in 5 years than they are now.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 3, 2012
You're welcome! I hope you find the house of your dreams! Here's a hint: Make a list of everything you want in a house, number the top three in 1, 2, 3 order and shop with the top in mind. Odds are that you won't find a 100% perfect house, but you never know!
Flag Tue Apr 10, 2012
thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question, your answer was so helpful and definitely good news since i am seeking to buy a house in the area within the near future. thanks again!
Flag Mon Apr 9, 2012