steve segade…, Home Buyer in Carlsbad, CA

What are market conditions like in Temecula? We are interested in moving but it seems there's a lot of home and land for the buck? Is this?

Asked by steve segadelli, Carlsbad, CA Sun Apr 8, 2012

true? Not really familiar with area but it looks appealing. What can you tell me about history, livability, location etc.

Answers

15
Great place to live. We are long term residents. Like some other agents mentioned below, the school system is excellent. Ranked top 20% in the nation. Great Oak high school is top 3% in the nation!! American Lung Association rated Temecula "A" which means it's great air quality. With respect to safety, Temecula was rated #2 in America. Lots of shopping and lots of great restaurants are popping up. The market has really changed lately. The inventory is down to 1.1 month as of end of April, which is a 70%+ drop from previous month. A normal market has approximately 6 months of inventory. The great news is that prices are extremely affordable and loan rates are record low. If you need more info or links, we have complete reports for every neighborhood and every school district. In fact, we offer a link to a website where you can search for homes that are available in each neighborhood and school district with taxes, neighborhood photos, distressed properties. You can also see upcoming foreclosures.

Broker, Allison James Estates and Homes
45100 Redhawk Parkway Temecula CA 92592
Great question Steve,

As you may know the drive is only about 45 minutes from Carlsbad, so if you enjoy the beach it is still good to know you are still very close. Having lived in San Diego County and LA County in the paste myself, I can tell you there is no better value for your money considering the quality of life here. As you may know Temecula has many historical stages, including the Pechanga Indians, previous Dairy Farming (No Longer), many world class wineries, ballooning, several lakes with great fishing, many golf homes communities, historic downtown area and is a very family oriented community. Different areas surround Temecula, such as Murrieta, Menifee, Winchester and there are even more secluded areas in the hills which are very close as well with many styles of living in the area from wineries, estates, luxury homes, equestrian and many others. Time wise it is an amazing time to buy out here. I cover the Temecula area and would enjoy giving your family a tour.
Please contact me.

Ryan Farnsworth
760-410-8310
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 9, 2012
Temecula is the central city for southwest Riverside county. It is know for it's wineries and the Pechanga casino in south Temecula. Weather is great year round but gets a little warm in the summer. Temecula can provide big beautiful homes for less than 300K and up. Temecula also has the best schools in Riverside county.

The market is very competitive due to a lack of inventory which is pretty much what we are seeing everywhere right now put especially Temecula, it's pretty much where most who are from this area would like to live. I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have, just shoot me a line via my profile.

Thanks and Good Luck with your home search!
Chris Blasic
Allison James Estates & Homes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 8, 2012
Hello Mr Steve Segadelli,

We used to live in Carlsbad! I am born and raised San Diegan. My husband and I moved to Temecula from Carlsbad over 20 years ago! We then moved a couple miles west into the hills above Temecula - an area called De Luz - we have lived in De Luz going on 8 years now.

The market is very competitve, again. You are correct...you do get a lot more for your money than you would in Carlsbad. This the exact reason we made the move ourselves.

De Luz is an area with 5 acre minimum lots - many that have custom gated estate homes. We have lived and worked in De Luz and the Temecula Valley for over 20 years now. We know all areas of this valley very well and can speak with great knowledge about this entire valley. If you have any questions about the area we would be glad to assist. We can forward pictures of the area too.

We would be glad to forward lots of information about the history of Temecula Valley. Have you been to Old Town Temecula, or one of nearly 40 wineriers? One the weekends we have a great Farmers Market in Old Town Temecula. There is Pechanga Casino - where you can see great concerts, plays, boxing, great restarants, etc.... Have you been to The Wine and Balloon Festival, The Rod Run, Jazz Fest, Film Festival ...? Temecula is a family oriented community. Lots of things to do and see.

Please feel free to look us up on our Trulia profile.

De Luz and the Temcula Valley are truly hidden gems.
We often discribe the area we live in as - it is a little bit Tuscany and a little bit Hawaii. Our property actually has an ocean view! No one ever believes us - until they see it for themselves.

A great place to live in my opinion! : )
Hi Steve,

You can get property for a good price right now. However inventory is low and their's usually several offers. Temecula is a great place to live.
Hi Steve,

My wife and I are originally from Carlsbad. We moved to Temecula in 1992 and have been extremely happy here ever since. It is a great family community with an unbelievable amount of activities and attractions.

Your assumption about bang for the buck is correct, especially compared to SD North County Coastal. We are entering the Spring buying season and the home market activity is getting competitive.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in your endeavors!

Steve T. Rogers
Realtor/Real Estate Consultant
HomeSmart Real Estate, Temecula
(951) 491-4837
DRE# 01872351
Steve: The only thing I can add is that the schools are the highest rated in Riverside and San Bernardino combined....in fact Great Oak High which is where my boys both graduated from just recently has the highest test scores in both counties. The Temecula Wine Country is a great place to visit and also live. I currently live in the Crowne Hill area which backs up against the Temecula Wine County and has views of the Temecula Valley. Even if you don't have school aged children, it's important to consider an area with highly rated schools as it's a great way to measure the community as a whole as far as quality!
Web Reference: http://www.soreal.biz
Good Morning Steve,
The mass exodus from San Diego county a few years ago, to parts North, caused buyers who couldn't quite qualify for those higher priced San Diego homes to head to Temecula. Then as prices increased in Temecula, buyers moved on into Murrieta and surrounding communities.
In my opinion, because these communites were the last to come up in sales price vs similar SD county homes, they were the first to go down in value when the recession hit, which has given SW Riverside more time to work throught the distressed home sales and therefore sell more of the inventory. As an agent below posted, the current inventory level is low. Investors see this area as a good place to purchase investment rentals too.
I work out of a Escondido office, but my home and 90% of my business in the SW Riverside Valley. The referrals I get from SD agents who don't work Riverside County, are still coming in strong. Because buyers like yourself are starting to see you do get more for your dollar; newer, larger, homes with community amenties.
And with all of the newer homes that were built, the up and coming communites that push beyond Temecula into Murrieta, Menifee, the newer end of Hemet, the prices are very inviting.
Why not check out the Temecula Home page, http://www.cityoftemecula.org/Temecula/Visitors/AboutTemecula.htm
or maybe come up and spend the weekend. Check out the city's page for upcoming events and plan to spend the weekend. Also, the state of the City Adress will be held on April 26th by Mayor Chuck Washington, it will be held at Pechange, tickets are on sale now.
I think if you spent a little time up here, you'd soon find it's a peaceful place to live and you'd enjoy living here as much as we all do.
Thanks for posting on Trulia, If I can be of assistance to you in a future purchase, please don't hesitate to call on me.
Hi Steve,

I am from Carlsbad, left 10 years ago to move up here. I even went to highschool there 20 years ago. You get sooo much more for your money and family when you move up this way. I don't miss Carslbad at all. I just go visit it every couple of months :).

For information about Temecula and the real estate market. I run a monthly report that goes over the basics of price point and supply, etc. I have attached the link and hope it helps your research!

Stefan
Good Morning Steve,

I agree with the other Agents answers with regards to a shortage in homes for sale in Temecula and elsewhere. There is a lot of "bang for the buck" here in our town. A few items of interest about Temecula is we have some of the highest test scores in the Nation which helps with Salability and Desirability. We also have some of the best wineries which are being noticed and recognized world wide. Our wineries are being designed, architecturally, to match those in Napa and Tuscany. Our City planning Commission panel have taken trips to Napa and Tuscany to look at the Architecture and Appeal to insure that the wineries here in our town will keep the look of upscale wineries expected world wide. The wineries also keep this theme when building Hotels, which several of them are doing. This in turn helps our lovely town to keep it's desirability to those looking to move out here and those who already live here.
We also have a fantastic mall, great restaurants of all kinds to satisfy your taste buds, walking and biking trails and etc.
I hope this helps to answer some of your questions Steve. Please feel free to contact my if you have any more questions or if you would like me to show you around our wonderful town.

Grace Rosenberger
DRE #01295350
Hi Steve!
It seems as soon as you cross the county line, dirt does get less expensive. I've lived in Murrieta since 1989 moving from Lakewood. Compared to Carlsbad you can get a very nice chunk of dirt with a very pleasant home. Taxes are higher than San Diego but home prices more than make up for it. Pinpointing the area you like, figuring out the tax zone, HOA fees if any, and additional assessments will help you get a full picture towards your answer.
Hi Steve,
If you are considering moving to Temecula, it is going to be the age-old house vs. location arguement. I am going to assume that since you live in Carlsbad, you enjoy the beach, the ocean breeze, etc. You will definitely get more house in Temecula, more bang for your buck, but the trade off is location. Not that Temecula is a bad place to live, but it does get much hotter than Carlsbad. It really depends on what you wants and needs are. Feel free to contact me directly to get into it more deeply, I would love to assist you as I work in San Diego and Riverside County.

Thank you!
Sinead McAllister
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
Hi Steve,

My wife and I moved to Temecula from La Jolla 6 years ago an we love it. You can get much more house for your money and the area was voted the 2nd safest city in America. We are down to a 2.5 month supply of homes, so the market is very competitive. In most cases there are multiple offers on homes. There is plenty to do in Temecula and the people are great.

If you have any other questions about the market or area, please let me know.

James Brennan
Pacific Coast Realty Group
858-442-9571
Hi Steve,

Temecula is a wonderful area to live in - especially for families. Murrieta (neighboring city) is also a nice area. You can get good prices now - compared to 5-7 years ago (as with a lot of areas). Temecula/Murrieta are located between San Diego and Orange Counties and there are the wineries, Old Towne, etc.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
You may visit http://www.homefacts.com to know about any city of USA. You may talk to a local real estate agent about the market.