Market Conditions in Bel Air>Question Details

Ryan Ford, Real Estate Pro in Jacksonville, FL

What are homes going for in the West Gate community off Tolgate road? Price Per Sq. foot and any info on recently sold properties would be appreciated

Asked by Ryan Ford, Jacksonville, FL Thu May 31, 2012

Hello fellow Realtors! I am a former resident of the Bel Air, Harford County area. I relocated to St. Augustine, Florida about six years ago. My parents are considering selling their house so they can downsize to a smaller home and just need some information with regards to how the market is currently in their area. I know Brac was helping maintain prices for the area, however I have heard the majority of Brac employees have already relocated from Jersey to the area. I know I am not providing you with a great deal of information however my parents do not wish to be bothered until they are more prepared to sell. This inquiry is to just get some information with regards to the current market conditions. Thanks for your help!

Answers

3
Hey Ryan - I'm sure you miss Bel Air, but I know Florida is a decent replacement for your homestead! It looks like you folks have one of the smaller home footprints in the community, but they are located on a cul-de-sac which is a good feature. The last three homes that sold in West Gate ranged from $395K to $435K net, with the the price per SF averaging $145. Of course, the price/SF will vary depending on things like interior/exterior upgrades, basement finish, utility function, lot orientation, etc. This should give your folks a rough idea of value, but as you know seeing the home itself would enable a more accurate value to be established. In general, Days on Market for similar homes have averaged at 72, so things are moving! You are correct about the influx of the military transferees as part of BRAC, the majority have relocated from Fort Monmouth in NJ which officially closed its doors last fall. However, we are still getting transferees, both military and civilian, into APG as well as contractors from time-to-time. We are also finding that there is a latent demand from BRAC folks who have come into the area and decided to rent initally to get themselves established before purchasing and committing to a community. We also get a fair amount of corporate employees relocating to the Bel Air area. So, all in all, the market seems to be doing well! Drop me an e-mail at markparkersells@comcast.net if you would more information or want to chat off-line - take care and hope this info helps!
Mark and Heidi are correct in the good information that they gave you. I have a friend who lives in that neighborhood and many of her neighbors are BRAC affiliated. The price of the home would definitely depend on what is inside and outside of the home. I would love the opportunity to meet with your parents and sit down for a chat. This would in no way commit them to me unless you and your parents were comfortable with that decision.
I have lived in Bel Air for over 25 years so I am very familiar with the area. My company is Prudential PenFed Realty which stands for Pentagon Federal. We have billions in assets which means we are "rock" solid. We also offer many unique benefits to our clients. A few examples are: we waive the 295.00 processing fee, offer a 300.00 title fee if you use our title company and best of all will give a .50% credit off of the sales price if you have two back to back transactions with us (buy-sell or sell-buy). Please feel free to call me @443-417-6493 and we can discuss things person to person. Looking forward to speaking with you soon.
I would be happy to do a CMA for the West Gate community for your parents. Please feel free to email me or contact me through my website. I currently have one of my listings in the near by but older neighborhood of Fox Bow. When looking up comps for this home many homes in the West Gate community were selling for $400-$450k. I can send you a free complimentary CMA with recent home sales and current home sales in the West Gate neighborhood via email heidiweaver@lnf.com. I am local resident of Harford county and my real estate office is located in the Chili's shopping complex. In regards to your question about BRAC. The majority of the BRAC relocation ended last fall however many are renting for a year to get to know the area before they purchase and you always have the influx of employees with APG with military and civil jobs. Please don't hesitate to contact me with further questions.
Web Reference: http://HeidiWeaver.lnf.com