Market Conditions in Venice>Question Details

Ltwill1515, Home Buyer in Venice, FL

What are estimated taxes and maintenance? Pool,clubhouse?

Asked by Ltwill1515, Venice, FL Sat Oct 12, 2013

This question was asked from…

I just listed where they are only paying $400 QUARTERLY and that covers yard maintenance, clubhouse, newly redone pool and hot tub (and RV/boat parking down by clubhouse). The house is $160,000 and last years taxes were $1212.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
If you're asking about one of my listings, in Pelican Pointe Golf & Country Club, the taxes vary from $3,521 to $3,726, and the HOA fees are $670 to $696. These fees include having your lawn mowed, social membership to the club, which has dining, fitness, a lending library, tennis courts, a beautiful community pool, many activities, and 24 hour security gate. There is also a 27 hole golf course, with separate membership and annual dues, which is not mandatory to join
If your question pertains to Verona Preserve, the answers below apply.

Charlene Cavanaugh, Realtor
RE/MAX Tropical Sands
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
The best estimates that I've found are from existing home in Verona Reserve. The HOA fees are running around $283 per month for the villas, the association considers the home to be maintenance free with the pest control, lawn maintenance, lawn irrigation, grounds, rec facilities and security included in that fee. As far as the taxes your best to contact the property appraisers office, I have found a similar property in the Reserve that the property taxes are running approximately $2,100 with a homestead exemption.

Since this is still under construction, it's hard to say how accurate any of these numbers will be when the home is completed. I hope this helps and if I can help in any other way, please let me know.

Vicki Biehl, Realtor
Century 21 Aztec & Associates
“No Transaction Fees”
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013

Verona Reserve is a nearly built out new community within a very close proximity to shopping, medical facilities, major highways, and our fantastic beaches.

Generally, taxes can be calculated by multiplying 1.5 percent time the sale price. This is a generalization but it will get you approximate numbers. Of course this is before the Homestead Exemption is figured into the mix. For a full time resident this will lower the assessed value by $50,000.

Currently the HOA fees are $283 monthly. This includes: building exterior, roof, grounds, and pest control.

Would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have on this or other area property.

Thank you for your post.

Bill Eckler

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
This is a new construction villa style home by Taylor Morrison in the community of Verona Reserve. Here is the web link:…

The HOA fees on a current villa listing in Verona Reserve are listed at $283.83 per month. The maintenace includes building exterior, ground maintenance, pest control, roof, community pool, rec building, irrigation and gated security.

Since this is a new home the taxes have not bee established yet. You can check with the Sarasota County Tax Appraiser office at… For homeowner insurance you would need to contact an insurance company directly to get an estimate. You can go to the Flood Smart web site at and type in the address and it will give you the flood rating and some insurance companies to contact. You can also go to my web site under Get Advice and Homeowner Insurance at

If I can help with anything else or answer any additional questions, please contact me.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
There is a community pool and small clubhouse in Verona Preserve. The previous answers about the association fees and estimated property taxes are correct. Conservatively estimate $283 per month based on information from currently available and recently sold properties.

You can view a list of these properties here in this link:…

You may also find these pages on my website helpful in your home search:

David Barr, Broker Associate
Allison James Estates & Homes