1. De-Clutter the entire home. You want to show of your space and give the "Potential Buyer" the opportunity to imagine their furniture and design within the home. This would entail trying to have the least amount of furniture you can have in the space. Go through all your closets and remove all the things you do not wear or use. Maybe even remove the cloths that are not within the current season.Show off that closet space, very important. Put all the extra things in storage.
2. Make sure that you have a fresh coat of paint in every room of the house if possible.
3. Make sure that every light in the home is turned on. In addition open windows and doors and let some fresh air in the house. Make sure all the curtains are open creating as much light as possible.
4. Make sure you have scented candles burning throughout the house creating a nice scent. Fresh flowers and maybe something baking in the oven.
5. Make sure all toilet seats are down.
6. Make sure the home is in immaculate condition as if you are having guest come over.
7. I always play a little music when I have "Potential Buyers" coming to preview the property to create good energy. I want them to feel the experience of being in the home.
8. If you have hardwood floors make sure to touch up any scuffs that are visible.
9. Make sure there are no operational issues with the home before showing, imagine it as if you are walking into the home for the first time. Imagine all things you expect and desire to see.
10. Purchase some new bedding and pillows for the bedrooms and living room.
This are some quick ideas to put on your to do list to prepare for last minute improvements. I hope this helps.
-DNassi "The Corcoran Group"
Good luck with your sale.
I always make sure the front door is clean and freshly painted. You scrubs should not be over grown and hiding windows etc.
Pack up some of the clothes in your closet so that it looks larger. Make sure countertops are free of clutter and remove nicknacks pictures etc from walls.
I would be happy to look at your home and give you more suggestions.
You can reach me at 304 906 7400.
Jo Poulin, CRP, ABR
I would be happy to meet with you to discuss your options. Is your Victorian located in South Park? I live in South Park and have extensive knowledge of the market in this neighborhood and the surrounding areas. Please feel free to contact me at 304-692-5868. Thank you! Barbara Phillips
Best of Luck;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist
Everlasting Credit Repair