Market Conditions in Hayward>Question Details

Wayne Johnson, Other/Just Looking in Saint Paul, MN

We own a lake home on the Spider Lake chain that we may sell. What is the price forecast for lakeshore homes in the Hayward area?

Asked by Wayne Johnson, Saint Paul, MN Mon Feb 18, 2013

For the next couple of years?

Answers

3
Hi Wayne

As a local real estate professional I would have say lake property in the Hayward area is really starting to take off... Again... That beings said prices are not as high as they were at the peak of the housing market. I feel now is a great time to have your property on the market, however I believe lake property will increase in value over the next two years. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me at tywiley@cheqnet.net.
Last year unit sales in Sawyer County waterfront, and for that matter all properties, were up signifcantly over 2011. Volume was up but values decreased. Our area typically lags the coasts and the metro area of Minneapolis & St. Paul by 12 to 24 months. Generally speaking those markets started to see improvement in both volume and value about a year ago so we are hopefully close behind. Since 2009 our sales have risen each year but values have not trended upward. I don't have a crystal ball but my best guess is we will see slow value improvement until inventory levels are back to historic levels.
Lake homes are getting heated up again and will be the new item of real estate interest for 2013. Homes in the Eau Claire and Menomonie area are flying off the market and have been since March of 2012. Lots of 1st time buyers but many people doing upgrades as well. Good luck! If you want a report on recent solds in that area, just call us at Prime Realty, LLC - affiliated with Cabela's Trophy Properties. 715-495-1022