Market Conditions in Pelican>Question Details

dwilliams4105, Home Buyer in Bear, DE

We love the looks of these apartments online- can anyone who actually lives there or close tell me what life is like generally in that area?

Asked by dwilliams4105, Bear, DE Mon Mar 17, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental-community/9000020973/Cabana-Clu…

Answers

7
Hi, i suppose from your question that you would like to know about the area in general and not specifically about these apartments. My name is Chris and I am a 49 yr old German who has built and owned several vacation homes in Cape Coral since 2000 and i am always following the market to look for opportunities. I know this place very well. We lived in Dubai for the past 5 years but we still come back to Cape Coral at least twice a year simply because we love this place. I have to add that we are active boaters and for this reason Cape Coral with it's barrier islands (Captive, Sanibal, Cabbage Key, Pine Island) is like heaven for us. However, it is important to say that the Cape doesn't have it's own beach since it's surrounded by protected mangroves. You should know that Cape coral has some hundred miles of canals that allow you to dock you boat behind your property if you happen to have a waterfront lot. Lots of boat ramps allow you to slip your boat. During the boom the area advanced a lot with some fabulous new shopping centers and malls being built like Gulfcoast Towncenter. You have Germain arena in Estero for concerts, family events and hockey. Shopping is a breeze even within Cape Coral City limits. 10 years ago you had to cross the Caloosahatchee river to go to Ft. Myers for lot's of stuff but today you will find Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Walgreens, Publix and a lot more in Cape Coral. The location of your Cabana Club apartments is excellent since you are close to one of the main arteries Cape Coral Parkway along which you find shops, restaurants and gas stations. It is also connected to one of the 3 bridges that cross the river ($2 toll for 2way trip). The apartments are also far south in Cape which is actually the nicer area. It's not far from Cape Harbour or Tarpon Point Marina where you have beautiful waterfront restaurants and a lot of action like bike night on Tuesdays with Live Music. I have seen other places in Florida but I think if you like a quiet not too crowded retirement place that is not too rural I believe you will like the place. There are a lot of vacation rentals in the Cape so I would suggest to spend 2 weeks there and check out the area. I can recommend Patrick Reid with Remax 239-443-1558 who I have worked with over the past 14 years. Hope this help!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful, informative comment! Very helpful- we are so anxious to get down there!
Take Care! Debi
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful, informative comment!:) It snowed AGAIN up here in Maryland last night.... cannot wait for year round sunshine!!! Take Care! Debi
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
We purchased here 3 years ago. I don't know what your interests are. If you love fishing and boating there is no better place to be. This is the entertainment hub of south Cape Coral. It does not take long to meet people, and we are planning to spend as much time as possible here. Suggest renting a VACATION RENTAL in the buildings and check it out. You can take boating tours, hire boats, and there are plenty of Golf Courses and Beaches within a reasonable driving distance. Plenty to do, and friendly place.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 7, 2014
You should call around and find yourself a good realtor familiar with the neighborhood, they would be able to best serve you and answer your questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 18, 2014
I just closed on a Condo which has as well a deeded dock which is rare in a Condo in Cape Coral.
I work a lot with out of Sate clients see Trulia recommendations. I love to find you the best deal and everything what is on your must have list. You want the best player on your team.
Birgit Moenkemoeller
Century 21 Birchwood International
Hi Debi,
I live just around the corner from this project & can tell you it's the "Jewel" of Cape Coral.
I have sold several of the units in the Gardens, they are usually 2 or 3 bedroom units with 2 car garages. I just sold a unit at 5960 Tarpon Gardens Cir for $325,000 furnished.
This was a ground floor unit, close to the pool & rec center.
Let me know if you want me to be on the look out for another unit in there as they do go fast!!
Feel free to contact me (239) 470-2353 jpeterson@teamaubuchon.com if you have any additional questions.

Jim Peterson, Broker Associate
Miloff Aubuchon Realty Group, Inc.
I have lived in Cape Coral for over 26 years and it is a wonderful place to live. We have over 400 miles of canals, numerous restaurants, a small local beach in SE Cape Coral and much more. Come visit - I would love to show you around our beautiful area.
Hi, these are great apartments and located in a great part of town.
I looked at these to rent for my daughter, they didn't have any ready at the time so we found something else. I was concerned about safety when looking for a place for her, I felt this would be a good location for her & very convenient to shopping, restaurants, and downtown Cape Coral.
Get down to Sunny Florida when you can!!