Denise Jimen…, Both Buyer and Seller in 91786

We live in California and want to relocate to Santa Fe (how original, I know).We`ve been scouting the Santa

Asked by Denise Jimenez, 91786 Mon Apr 21, 2008

Fe market for a year or too , and have noticed that contrary to local RE Pro opinions that,"Santa Fe has always been a strong market,-this isn`t California", and the perennial words of realtor wisdom,"It`s always a good time to buy", prices have finally started to budge in the City Different. No celebrity money here, we`re looking in the $600,000 and under range. My question goes out to those broker/associates who don`t fall for the hype-do you think Santa Fe will continue to follow the RE downturn cycle? What neighborhoods do you see becoming especially affordable or ripe for investment?

Answers

4
Denise - your post is from April of last year -- just wondering if you ended up buying in Santa Fe?
just curious what you ended up deciding - let me know - Marcia Leary
http://www.homesforsaleinsantafe.com
I would not recommend a move at this juncture the formulations for a condusive lubēre,are to far removed from this location, Santa Fe is a beautiful market ,strong and assured free from risk, but some California markets transport a persistant wealth of beauty and ardent loyalty as far as yields to those investments
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2008
Hi Denise,

In our sales meeting last week, it was discussed that in Santa Fe 2008 home prices need to be of 2005. Otherwise our sellers are priced out of the market. I grew up in Santa Fe and know the market. Let me know how I may best assist you with your real estate needs. I just joined Trulia.com and saw your question.
Hi Denise,

I recently attended a International Real Estate seminar with a broker from Sante Fe. He informed me that the market there is also soft although not as soft as my market here in South Florida! You will be in the drivers seat with plenty of homes to choose from. Dont be afraid to ask for incentives! Good luck in your search.