Market Conditions in 78664>Question Details

Soundslikemoi, Home Seller in 78664

We bought last year 8/2009 at 160K, and we're in Eggers Acres. What are my chances of selling it at 160K this summer? (divorce)

Asked by Soundslikemoi, 78664 Sun May 23, 2010

It was appraised at 160K. There were no comps in the neighborhood on the house. Yes, we're idiots. Moving past that, the house is in great condition and sits on 3/4 of acre, backing to a park. Built 1975, 4/2 1700 sq ft. One of those rooms is an office with a closet.

Answers

4
I am familiar with Eggers Acres and surrounding in RR whith nice streets and beuatiful mature trees. Great location central to everything and easy access to major roads. I am actually negotiate a contract in the area.
Don't think you could get what you paid for at this time. Any upgrades since you bought it? You might be facing a "Short Sale" possibility.
Sorry about your personal situation, and we don't know what will be the market conditions next year.
Hopefully the interest rate will remain low, which is one of the factors that is encouraging buyers to purchase a property even after the government Tax credit has ended at the end of april 2010.
Contact me if I can be of further assistance please contact me directly at your convenience.
Gabriella Marzorati
Sounds like a beautiful, not hard to sell, sounds like something a lot of buyers would like to own. What you will be losing on this deal when you sell, will be more than you put into it, i.e. closing cost, down payment, etc. Then there will be the cost to sell, i.e. closing cost, repairs, realtor commissions (negotiable). If you just do not want to lose what you have put into the home, you could buy out your spouse, or have them buy you out, lease your home until the market comes back, or talk to a short sale expert, and let them talk with your mortgage lender, to see what they can do for your situation.

Respectfully,
Cheryl L. Luksovsky, ABR, GRI, SRES
The market is close to the same as it was last year, and with you purchasing last year, there will still be people purchasing this year. I am so sorry for your situation, I know, I have been in your exact shoes. Give me the opportunity to show you how I can market and sell your home with as little stress as necessary. Right now that is the last thing you need. When you home sells, and we go to closing, you and your spouse will not have to be at the closing at the same time to sign papers. We can set up a different time for each to sign, just another tip to help during your transition.

Respectfully,
Cheryl L. Luksovsky, ABR, GRI, SRES
Hi Soundslikemoi!

If you want to call or email me the address of the house, I can do a full CMA to see what you can expect to get if you're wanting to sell over the next few months. I'd say it is possible to get $160k, but would that would be dependent on cma's, number of homes for sale in the area, etc. I'd be happy to do a cma for free. Just send over your address or call me!

Jared West
(512) 296-0669
West4RE@aol.com
Web Reference: http://www.TeamWestRE.com