Market Conditions in Helena>Question Details

Suzs92, Home Buyer in Helena, AL

We are relocating to the Helena, Alabama for 2-3 years. What type of home do you suggest?

Asked by Suzs92, Helena, AL Wed Jun 27, 2012

We have no children living with us and would like to find a home that is ready to move into with few or no renovations needed.

Answers

1
Cindy Hardin’s answer
It is not as beneficial for a buyer to purchase a home unless they plan to stay for at least 3 yrs. But in todays market, buying will be cheaper than paying rent. If you would not mind sitting on a home for awhile until it sells, then I recommend purchasing a home. If you want to be able to walk away when the time comes, I would rent. The type of home you buy is mainly determined by your lifestyle and family needs. If you are childless, you may enjoy a garden home or town home. If you have children, there are nice homes in neighborhoods with community pools. Helena is a wonderful town with new schools and family friendly activities. I lived and raised my 5 children in Helena for 22 yrs. It is a great place to live! I would love to assist you with your search--I know Helena!