Buyer, Home Buyer in Canada, KY

We are interested in a vacation home (condo/villa/single family) in Sarasota. 2 bdrms/ 2 baths. Is 130-160k a?

Asked by Buyer, Canada, KY Tue Jan 22, 2008

good budget? And is the market going up or down?

Answers

13
Hi again,

I was recntly working with a buyer who was looking for a condo 2 bedroom/2 bath condo in Sarasota and I was able to find quite a few great bargains in very nice area. They are now making a bid on a short sale condo and they should get it for less than 100K. That's the type of opportunities that presently exist in our market. There is no doubt that I could find you a great deal under 160K.

Your Canadian Realtor in Sarasota

Michel
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 22, 2008
Hi again,

To answer your last question, there is evidence that Sarasota has bottomed out of the real estate slump that we had been experiencing. This seems to indicate that the prices might have reached bottom and that the recent increase in sales activity is bound to continue. This is another reason why many of us firmly believe that now is more than ever the time to buy.

Michel
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 30, 2008
Dear Fellow Canadian

One of the reasons I love Sarasota is that I am almost certain to find something for anybody's budget. There is no doubt that I could find you a 2 bedrooms/2baths under 160K. Just read the latest testimonial on my website and you'll see how someone ended up with a 2 bedrooms/2baths/2car garage in a safe, clean maintenance free community for just over 150K. And in my search for that gem I encountered many others that I keep in mind for my next buyer. It sounds like it could be you. Let me know how I can help you find that property you have been dreaming of. You can contact me thru my website.

Michel
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 30, 2008
there are alot of places I know you will like in this price range for sure. depends on what type of area though you are looking for. Ex. is a golfing community important, or getting as close to the beach important, , gated ot non gated community, etc... i can show you a great deal in an area you do not want to be in, so may I recommend you come on down , rent for a little bit, drive around some area and find out where you like to live and we go from there.
David Leventhal
The Leventhal Team
I have been working with several Canadian buyers recently and one of their favorite spots for a vacation home is in Sarasota in a community called Timberwood. There are several homes for sale there with 2 bedroom, 2 baths and 1343 sq. ft. Cathedral ceilings, tennis courts, and pool just steps from your door. There is even a rental office on site, in case you want to rent it out when you are not there. Timberwood is slightly higher than you mentioned for a budget, but as a newer complex, very centrally located, you cannot go wrong. Let me know if you want some information on these units. I am getting another listing in there soon. Nancy
Hi Canada! Its pretty stable now but there is alot of Great Deals. In your price range. And New Condo's and Town houses. My email address is jonbutzsarasota@yahoo.com email me yours and i can email you some pictures, at your leasure. Great talking to you. Thanks again Jon Butz in Sunny and Beauitful Sarasota fl
Hi. From Sunny Sarasota. I have some brand New Condo's or Villa's in Sarasota i could email you or send you. and these Condo's and Villa's are close to everything. On Single family Homes there are New Homes in the County and even in Manatee that are Brand New. Please call me anytime. Thanks Jon Butz Prudential Palms Realty 941.780.4391
The Sarasota market is looking brighter now a days with sales up in February. If you would like, you can search the MLS on my website which offers photos and virtual tours. I would be happy to help you find a home within any budget.

Leah George
leah@srqmls.com
941-780-0597
http://www.romanian-realtor.com
I have been working with a number of Canadian buyers for over a year now. If fact I just sent a list of 23 condo’s under $170,000 to one couple. I know you said $160K, but in this buyers market you can look at a higher dollar listed property. As far as budget goes, it depends on what you are looking for. A 2 bedroom home is going to be less than a 3 bedroom. A two bedroom in certain communities can also cost more that a 3 bedroom in another. According to everything I am reading, the market is on the way up in the Sarasota area.
Your best bet is to pick an area you want to live in, contact a realtor, then focus on that area. Be prepared when you are ready to look, if you are not paying cash get prequalified by a lender. If you need additional information, or want to register for the auction, contact me at antaeusb@verizon.net.
Web Reference: http://antaeusb.com
The Greater Sarasota area is a wonderful location but bdon't over look the nearby Venice area that offers the convenience of being close to Sarasota and also a slower paced lifestyle, great beaches, excellent social and cultural activities and less traffic during the "winter season."

With an email address we would be happy to put you on our mailing list for your review.

There is no better time than the present to consider buying-there is a large inventory of homes available and sellers are "motivated."

Check out our website that has a direct link to the MLS.

The "Eckler Team"
Century 21 Almar & Associates
100 W.Venice Ave.
Venice, Fl 34285
There is 1, 3 bedroom 3 bath condo built in 2005 for $160K in The Harborage, a gated boating community in Bradenton . Very close to Sarasota. There are also villas and condos in your price range in Palm Aire, a golf community in Sarasota. If you send an email to antaeusb@verizon.net I will be happy to send you the listings.
Web Reference: http://antaeusb.com
We've got a few nice listings-one in particular in the Meadows for 150,000! It is a 2 bedroom/2 bath with 3 balconies, private, woodsy feel! If you send me your email address I will be happy to forward it directly to you. Or....you could go to our website (below) and look at any property currently listed in MLS! If anyone says they know where the market is headed they are lying. We feel we are very close to bottom, but you never know until prices start gong back up! Either way, great deals to be had right now and this area is seeing so much growth from a retail standpoint, Neiman, Nordstrom moving in...retail building everywhere. They must know something we are not certain of? We have a great inventory of homes within those parameters right now. If you give some more details I would be happy to set you up on a search that will automatically send you new listings as they come on the market. Hope to hear back from you.
Web Reference: http://www.teamcashi.com
hhhh,
Your quest is not impossible but will take some dedicated searching. I say this because the Sarasota/Manatee areas are prime second home/vacation destinations and thusly garner a higher dollar for decent properties such as you looking for. I would say that more realistically you should be looking in the $175 plus range to ensure finding a decent property.

Contact me or any professional Realtor for further information and assistance.

William Gregory, Realtor
941-504-3404
williamgregory@michaelsaunders.com
http://www.FloridaStateOfMind.com