Market Conditions in 53719>Question Details

Rjp, Home Buyer in 53719

We are considering buying an inexpensive condo in Madison to use when we come to visit our children who live there. What area would you suggest?

Asked by Rjp, 53719 Sun Oct 11, 2009

We like the west side. We want something that will keep its value in the $120,000 range.

Answers

5
Rjp,
Check out these two condos. If you want to see it inside, I can set up the showing for you when you are in Madison.
3957 maple grove Dr & 6941 Old Sauk Rd. These are town house style.
I would disagree with the recommendation of Harbor House. From the ads I've seen, and having lived in the area, it seems to be aimed at much younger clientele than Rip. It may be exactly what you are looking for, but I see it more as young, first time buyers rather than persons with grown children.
I'm not a salesman. Both of my picks are east of Tenny Park. Lakewood Gardens and East Bluff. Both are safe, well established, and should hold the price you pay for them. I've known people who lived in both, who were pleased with their living situation. Prices are pretty modest, within your range.
I would suggest Harbor House off of Watts Road. I am not the listing agent, but I really feel they are a good value and new finishes. They are willing to negotiate too!!! I have worked with Gail. I have another listing near the mall but the price is $172,000- 3 bedroom, 2 bath, garage. Let me know if you have other questions or if I can help.
Web Reference: http://www.669sold.com
You have a very large inventory to choose from with the abundance of condo's available in the Madison area. My first recommendation would be in the Fitchburg area and in fact I will be holding an open house in a very nice condo that is truly immaculate and very competitively priced... ready to move in type condition in an established area that has held the market value quite well even in this downturn. Another option might even be in downtown Madison depending on where your family is located in the Madison area.

My major comment would be to look for completed condo projects rather than any project that is still being developed since if you did elect to sell in the next couple of years you would not be competing with the builder whose first priority would be to sell the remainder of the project etc.

Would be please to provide a variety of condo's for you to review if you would simply send me an e-mail at fabrij@firstweber.com or call me at 608 334 1580 at your conveninence. Would be pleased to provide some additional information rather than simply a MLS listing specifications .. but again... depends on what would be convenient or close to your local family.

Believe you have a great idea about having somewhere to stay when you visit... in many ways would be easier on everyone plus providing everyone that "emotional space" that sometimes is needed.

Regards
Jon Fabri
fabrij@firstweber.com
608 334 1580
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 11, 2009