donald0371@a…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

WHY SHOW PROPERITY THAT SAYS SOLD ?

Asked by donald0371@att.net, Chicago, IL Thu Oct 10, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3128114474-4015-W-Jackson-Blv…

Answers

20
Sometimes a property goes under contract but the seller still allows for showings because the deal is NOT solid. Whilst the MLS requires brokers to update a listing within 24 hours of contract execution, there is a tag whereby the property can still be shown because contract terms have not be completely approved. Best solution is to consider working with a trusted realtor who can provide you more real time data.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 30, 2013
To help others in their decision making and Real Property is public data.
Public data and aids in future buyer decisions.
Trulia does not update the homes fast enough. It is not always their fault because some realtors do not mark them as sold when the closing is done.
I suggest you find a Realtor you trust, interview a few and get your listings directly from the MLS from that Realtor,
This is the best bet.
Your broker should not be showing sold properties (or even be able to show them).

Sometimes, listing brokers like to get back-up offers, however, your broker should know better.

If you would like some help, just give me a call at 847-533-7115.

John Meyers, Meyers Realty
c: 847-533-7115
e: JohnMeyers@MeyersRealty1.com
Marketing purposes related with click and pointing a web page to create ranking and seo or just plain marketing to attract buyer with the slogan " sold but we have more "
There is no point to show a property that is sold.
Hi Donald
If you would like to see home in the Garfield Park area it would be in your best interest to contact a realtor. A good realtor will guide you thru the hme search, as well as financing, house inspection and all the details required to actually purchase a home. Trulia and similar websites don't always have updated data. Further, they show sold homes to give an idea of homes might be selling at what prices. The most accurate market data will come from a Realtor with access to the database that houses all properties for sale in the Chicagoland area that are not For Sale By Owner properties.

Please contact me at 312 933 4121 if you would like to discuss further.

Geralyn Hopson
I agree...you should contact a realtor. -Rayva Myles
Flag Fri Feb 6, 2015
DONALD L PRINCES AGAIN I'M SORRY BUT I FORGOT TO TELL YOU I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY HOME PHONE.SO SEND ME AN E MAIL.
Flag Mon Jan 27, 2014
LOOKING TO MOVE THIS YEAR OR NEXT YEAR..........ALSO LOOKING FOR ENVESTMENT PROPERTY. I AM LOOKING TO MAKE MY FIRST PURCHASE THE END OF THIS YEAR THERE ARE PROPERTY RIGHT HERE WHERE I LIVE AT LEASE 5 BUILDING FOR SALE AND I WANT INFORMATION ON ALL 5 THANK YOU IN ADVANCE,D L PRINCES.
Flag Mon Jan 27, 2014
Hi Donald, Sold properties are helping potential Sellers to price their homes! Hire a good agent to represent you! This way you can have access to daily updated information !

Good Luck To You!
Dear Donald,

If Trulia would scrub their data for better accuracy, sold data provides you the consumer a great snap shot of what was the value of the property at the time it was sold. What Trulia should do is to bring the same snap shot forward giving an estimated value in today's market.
Donald Trulia is a great site for browsing. However its data is not updated as frequently as you can get directly with the Multiple Listing Service. I suggest you find a Realtor and get a search set up by them. Interview a few people and choose who you are comfortable with. I often get calls from buyers asking to see property that is sold or under contract.
By knowing the history of a property, interested parties can be aided in determining what the value might be on similar properties currently for sale.
If you want accurate and reliable info on properties work with a Realtor. Trulia is not the best source.
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I ill send you what I have on that one
Hi Donald,
The Trulia site includes sold properties for consumers to see the property's sales history for comparison purposes. It helps both the consumer and agents to determine what the value might be on similar properties currently for sale.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices New England Properties
Is it 'SOLD' or 'UNDER CONTRACT'? They may be looking for backup offers.
Marketing and property history........:
Some people like to see the history of property.
They could be looking for back up offers - perhaps the current contract has a home sale contingency or some other factor that has pushed the seller to continue to look for a qualified buyer.

I see your second post listed - you should get a good buyers agent to help you find the property that meets your needs.
Sam Sharp
Senior Vice President of Mortgage Lending
ssharp@guaranteedrate.com

http://www.guaranteedrate.com/SamSharp

vCard / Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn / A+ BBB Rating

o: 773.290.0455 / m: 312.217.4030 / f: 773.516.6056
3940 North Ravenswood , Chicago, IL 60613
NMLS ID: 224518
I am interested in a home in Garfield park area please show homes muliti units for sale. thank you.
Donald, you will need to hire a Realtor to assist you with your property search. Trulia is a good tool to get a feel for what is on the market but if you are serious about making a purchase then it is to your benefit to have a real estate professional working for you. That person can offer up to the minute market data, knowledge of pricing and trends, insight into achieving your goals, and can make all of the arrangements for your to search and view properties that meet your criteria.
You will then be happy to know that a real estate broker will assist you in negotiating the purchase of the property that you decide on, possibly refer you to inspectors, contractors, attorneys, and any one else within that person's circle who can aid you in real estate ownership.
I suggest seeking out an agent who is local to the area that you are searching in.
Flag Thu Oct 10, 2013