Geoff Seato, Home Buyer in Toronto, OH

WHY IS "TRULIA" NOT AS UP TO DATE AS " MLS".HOW OFTEN DO THEY UPDATE THE DATABANK???

Asked by Geoff Seato, Toronto, OH Sat Dec 11, 2010

Answers

10
Geoff,
Trulia is an intellectual media of exchange
The MlS is what realtors pay for thinking it will sell their listing but get no feed back as to why not.
They come to read comments on Trulia from clients that are curious as to why not?
The MLS gives specific data when the property goes under contract and when it goes back on the market
On Trulia you will know the rest of the story.
The MLS also known as My Lucky Sale is truly cost effective and a practical source of information that provides comparable unsold properties for over a million agents.
Trulia cost you nothing and but you can learn from it and that is something.
It may not always be up to date but what do you care? If you are a seller you know when your house was sold.
If you are a buyer what is available today on MlS . may go into a bigger data bank tomorrow called foreclosure.
Have you hugged a realtor lately? it is time that you did.They deserve it. Better still become a statistic buy a house today will immediately update our data bank in both places.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 11, 2010
Geoff -- You are talking about apples and oranges.
The MLS, also know as the broker to broker exchange, main purpose is to offer properties for cooperatine sale and uncontional offer compensation to a member of the MLS for bring a buyer that closes on the property.
Trulia is an agregrator. They pull listings that are allowed to them from some MLS systems, also some broker web sites. Trulia's purpose is generate advertising revenue.
The MLS is paid for by dues from all participating members. Trulia is paid for by advertising that they sell and by members that have the "Pro" logo by their name like me.
Trulia normally updates the feeds that they get in about 3-5 days from the time the changeis made.
If you want the latest information have a local agent set you up a client portal in the area and price range you are interested in. You will get an email of an update within an hour on new listings and price drops for properties that fit your criteria.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
Becasue it is updated once every 24 hours according to the agreement. If you contact me back I will grant you access to another produce that will allow you to search the MLS that is updated every 30 minutes. It is a very complete and user friendly program.

Contact me at Agent@comcast.net
Gary Benjamin
Hook and Ladder Realty, Inc
Trulia, although very educational and a wonderful research website is not directly tied to the MLS(Multiple Listing Service) which is a Realtor only website. All Active, Pending and Sold listings are present on the MLS and easy to research. Trula relies upon agents and other websites and vendors to upload and remove listings from the website, as I do. Some agents are slow to update their listings once they have put them on various sites.

Some Realtors have a link on the front page of their website that will enable you to search directly on the MLS. I have one such link on FayeDoyle.com. You can go to my site and see the temperature here in Sarasota, a mortgage calculator, listings and so much more. Go to the site and enjoy yourself! Or call me for more information.
Faye Doyle, LLC
GRI: Graduate Real Estate Institute
CDPE: Certified Distressed Property Expert
ABR: Accredited Buyer's Representative
WCR: Woman's Council of Realtors
TRC: Transnational Referral Certification
e-PRO®: Certification Internet Professionalism
RE/MAX Alliance Group
2000 Webber Street
Sarasota, FL 34239
Fax: 941-954-5455
Email: fayedoylellc@gmail.com
Website: http://www.FayeDoyle.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 11, 2010
The MLS is the the data base where all the data is entered. This is the site that we as realtors go every day to find new listings for buyers. Check on current sales activity and everything else related to real estate. All other sites use a feed from this web site. There updates may not be as frequent as other sites. There is another way for a buyer or seller to be current and that is to use a real estate agent that will sign you up on listingbook.com. This allows you to search the MLS and enter criteria to match your specific needs. Please feel free to contact me or any other agent so that you can be linked to listingbook.com. Feel free to email me at lonnietorns@gmail.com
Geoff~

Our MLS {South East Florida Regional} is as accurate as the members input.

Status updates are rarely adhered to- properties that have been rented or under contract, often are still showing Active!

Trulia updates are something I don't know about. Answered from trulia mobile BlackBerry 9700

WATERWAY REALTY, REALTORS
A Licensed Real Estate Brokerage
Serving South East Florida, u$a
Hi Geoff,

As to how often they update, I'm not exactly sure but they are behind. If you are interested in searching for homes on a system that is updated every 30 minutes let me know. Actually if you want to log into http://wendylynn.listingbook.com/ on the right side click get a free account. You will be able to set up your own search, save homes, mark your favorites and send me messages directly to ask about properties. Would love to help you when you are ready!

Wendy Lynn PA, Realtor, SFR, CDPE
Keller Williams Realty Sarasota Lakewood Ranch
941-718-1366
Wendy@SunnySarasotaHomes.com
Geoff,

Trulia pulls their listing information from a number of different sources and it will never be as accurate as dealing directly with the local MLS system. As a home buyer, the activity is so fast in today's market one needs to be aligned with an agent who can notify them immediately of properties that will help them meet their goals. As an example, last Monday four new bank owned properties hit the market that matched the goals of one of my clients. We toured them all on Tuesday; Thursday three were under contract and the 4th went bilateral yesterday. This is a market that requires one to have a game plan and be quick and nimble to land the best fish!

Your best bet is finding a professional agent assist you and develop a plan to successfully meet your real estate goals. The best of luck!

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester ePRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com
Not all of the MLS feed into Trulia--for instance mine is one that does not which means the listing has to upload from MLS into my website and from there it is syndicated to Trulia. This process can take as much as 3 to 5 days to occur.

Judi
Keep in mind that if the person initiating the information doesn't update the feeding source into a particular internet site(s), some of the information may not be up to date--if looking to buy and or sell, for accurate and updated information, consider working with any local agent.