Anne, Other/Just Looking in Grandview, MO

WHAT IS THE DEPRECIATION OF PROPERTY VALUES IN THE KANSAS CITY AREA For 2007?

Asked by Anne, Grandview, MO Thu Jan 17, 2008

Answers

3
I will have to agree with David Nichols on this. There are factors that contribute to averages which only informed agents can ascertain through market knowledge and reasearch. For example, in the area of 66210, which according to kansascity star researchers, saw a modest appreciation of only 0.6% from 2005-5006, there was an apartment-condo conversion which resulted in many sales in the entry-level market. This may have caused the averages of the zip code to be lowered, however, it can not be reasonably deduced that single family homes in the area lost value or appreciated/depreciated solely based on this data.

I hope that made sense. I was mostly speaking to the point that averages when taken in too broad of terms can differ from averages taken in a concentrated, purposefully manner, such as the statics professional real estate agents gather when "running comps."

I wish you much success in your home search!
Maps and graphs and website... OH MY!

LOL.

Seriously? There will never be a website that can really answer this question. All they can give you are averages and averages are not worth a thing when buying and selling real estate in Jackson County. As I am sure you know, it really depends on the property and the neighborhood. I can tell you the trends in Grandview, but your neighborhood and particular floorplan may be out-performing the trend... or maybe it is underperforming. The only way to know about your specific property is to look at the comps in your neighborhood... and dont look at your neighbors silly "wish" pricing. Look at the SOLD comps.
Web Reference: http://www.mykchometeam.com
Here is a link to an interactive map of the Kansas City area that shows the appreciation and depreciation for each area by zip code.

http://www.kansascity.com/static/news/HomePricesFlash/index.html