lmaranos, Home Buyer in Bradenton, FL

VACANT FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS HOW CAN I BUY IT

Asked by lmaranos, Bradenton, FL Sat Jun 8, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/Florida/Bradenton/sold/855052-48…

Answers

2
As one might guess, vacant doesn't necessarily mean available. Florida has many, many homes that are owned by "snowbirds" that for one reason or another are not physically occupying the property but are both maintaining it and paying bills associated with it.

Your best bet is probably to review the county tax records to gain the identity and location of the owner and either have your agent or yourself make direct contact with the owner to find out if there is interest in selling the property.

Because it's vacant doesn't necessarily mean it is a distressed property or is headed in that direction either.

This house doesn't appear to be in foreclosure and it's not currently listed for sale with a Realtor so in order to purchase it you'd have to track down the current owner, Jesus M. Salazar. His tax bills are being paid by his mortgage company so it's possible that he's current on his mortgage payments and we don't know why the house is vacant or in a state of disrepair. All this information I just gave you is a matter of public records and obtainable from the Manatee County Property Appraiser and Clerk of the Circuit Court web sites. If you are within the city limits of Bradenton I'd suggest you contact the city. If not, contact the county and let them know about the condition of the house. The Code Enforcement Office would probably be a good place to start.