Whartonsb, Home Buyer in

Trend in value of 3 bedroom condos in Battery Park City

Asked by Whartonsb, Sat Apr 14, 2012

We are considering buying a 3 bedroom condo in battery park city. Over the past 18 months has there been appreciation or depreciation in the value of 3 bedroom condos in BPC, and any views on the % movement would be appreciated.

Answers

4
answer this question and help to the asker to know about it, .. / auto poster.../ after inline registration..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 20, 2012
In the last 12 month there were 22 recorded sales of 3 bedroom apartment in battery park city. The prices to the most part stayed consistent during this time, however we do see a significant increase in demand as financing become more realistic to get in BPC. For comparison 2009 and 2011 there were 123 and 202 sales respectively, an increase of 64.2%, 3rd highest in NYC.

If you are looking to buy you should act soon. As the demand going up and inventory is not getting bigger you will not get a better deal if you wait.

Please let me know if you would like me to send you a few listings for 3 bedrooms in BPC, and if you want to discuss it further.

Konstantin Zaliznyak
(646) 801-5777
Konstantin@anchornyc.com
Here is a great article frome the Real Deal Magazine with % figures.

http://therealdeal.com/issues_articles/mapping-the-recovery-…
Values in BPC seem to have held up, the same as they have across the city. Because of the higher monthly costs, the prices seem to be slightly less than condos in other neighborhoods. If you are buying in new development, keep in mind that you will be asked to pay the transfer taxes (1.825%). BPC is a special place for people who love the water, the views, the cleanliness of the neighborhood. I know many people who live there and would never leave. The market is very, very active right now with a lot of contracts being signed. There is no way to predict the future, but buyer confidence seems to be back. Good luck. If you have more specific questions, don't hesitate to give me a call. Have a great day.