Jonnyman3, Home Buyer in Lakeland, FL

To buy in Lake Hollingsworth Area? VA Home Loans? wise investments for a first time home buyer?

Asked by Jonnyman3, Lakeland, FL Wed Jun 10, 2009

I am currently deployed in Iraq and plan on settling back down in florida on my return. I was attending FSC in lakeland but do not know if it would be wise to purchase a home in the Lake Hollingsworth area using my VA benifits. any suggestions? i need to be in a home by the end of the year (when i get off active duty) i want to be in florida but was not so sure Lakeland would be a good place for a first time homebuyer. i continue to do whatever research i can while i am out here but like i said, i set a deadline for december to close on a house and start my life up. thanks for your help.

Answers

2
If fyou are back now, as you asked this question in 2009...Now it is time to buy if you are ready (2011)
The Lakekland area is a great place to purchase a home.
As I am sure you know it is centrally located between Tampa and Orlando.

This makes Lakeland a good location for commuting to either city,theme parks and beaches.
Now is definately the time to buy.
Prices and interest rates are still low anyd you probably qualify for the $8,000.00 tax credit',that is available untill the end of November 2009.
Send us your e-mail address and we can send you listings directly to your e-mail.
We also have several lenders we work with that can help you with any financing.

Deb and Ron DoorenBos
Exit Realty of Lakeland
debron@exitrealtylakeland.com