Market Conditions in Reston>Question Details

Yc1203, Home Owner in 20171

Sully Station or Reston South near Wiehle

Asked by Yc1203, 20171 Sat Nov 10, 2012

I am looking to buy an investment property TH, considering Sully station in 20120 code or 20191 Reston South near Wiehle. Which area has more appreciation potential?

Thanks for your question! Alot is happening in Reston in addition to the METRO. I agree that Reston is by a far a better choice to purchase. Both investors & home owners are snatching up the inventory. Click below to read my latest blog & view available homes in Reston. Ive worked & lived in Reston since 1974 & know alot about the area. Let me know if any peak your interest & we'll go take a tour. Give me a call so we can chat about your specific criteria in an investment home. Looking forward to connecting with you soon:)

Click here to view
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
Reston Wiehle Station will be open by the end of 2013. Values in this area are increasing around 10% from last year. I might be biased but Reston seems to me to be a real good bet. If I can help please let me know. Cell is 703-307-3208. Thanks.
Definitely Reston!

Sony Kim
703 244 3997
Associate Broker
Keller Williams McLean, VA
I agree with my colleagues below - definitely Reston & anything along phase 1 metro. In addition to the economy strengthening and property values increasing thought the DC metro area we're going from non-metro prices to metro prices. Anything along phase 2 metro is another 5+ years out before the metro construction is complete, and who knows, at that point we might be near the top or even peaking again locally (and hopefully nationally) and might be heading down again soon after.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
why are you limiting yourself to these 2 areas? My colleagues below give some good answers to your answering your question with a question may not be desired!

Anyway, If you wish to speak about this and why..let me know. I am happy to put my 25 years of experience to work for you.

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf, ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
Re/Max Distinctive Real Estate
I agree that Reston has better appreciation potential with the metro as well as the proximity of the expanding Reston Town Center. I work with a lot of investors in the area - I can run the numbers for ROI for you per property if you are looking for an agent.

One counterpoint to consider for Centreville is that there would be less competition with other buyers, and that NoVa as a whole will appreciate with time as the economy strengthens. But if I could secure a property near the new metro - that would be ideal.

I would recommend buying near the coming metro in Reston @ Wiehle Ave. Investors are buying up homes in that area, and its becoming more and more competitive. If I can be of assistance, please call on me any time! Kindest regards, joan stansfield 703.919.7761
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012