Jennifer Bow…, Both Buyer and Seller in Lawrence, KS

State of Lawrence housing market

Asked by Jennifer Bowen, Lawrence, KS Mon Jun 4, 2012

We own a home in Lawrence that we were unable to sell last year and is now being used as a rental property. We are trying to decide whether to extend the lease with the renters at the end of the term or put it back on the market. The market where we now live has improved considerably over the past year; what has happened there in Lawrence? What is the average time a home is on the market before selling? How are prices?

Answers

5
Stan Trekell’s answer
Good morning Jennifer,
As pointed out by my colleagues below, the marketability of your home depends on many inter-related considerations. Assuming that what you are seeking is accurate, honest information regarding the proper marketing of your home in a timely fashion, contact a reliable Realtor with a proven track record of success. Their training and knowledge will help your real estate transaction be a pleasurable one.

Best wishes,
Stan Trekell
Lawrence, KS
Jennifer, I would love it if you would give me a call so that we can discuss this personally. I don't think it's best to give generalizations about the market. In order to provide you with the most accurate information about average time on market, prices, market condition, etc., I need to know more about your home. Where it's located, how much you were trying to sell it for last year, condition of the home, and other questions along these lines. Only by having answers to these types of questions can a more accurate picture be painted for you. To really complete the picture, I would need to see the home personally. I want to be able to provide you with the best information so that you can make the best decision for you and your family.

I can be reached at 785-393-8342 or tolandhippe@stephensre.com

I look forward to your communication!

Toland Hippe
Pending Sales are up 38% over the same time last year, indicating a strong spring market. It is still a buyer's market, but we are actually seeing some competing offers on very nice, well-priced properties. Price, condition and location continue to be the key to selling. Make sure your home is priced right and in good condition and it will sell.
Silly; Lawrence isn't a State.
Booming!! We are low on inventory and now is the time to list. I listed a house and 45 days later it was under contract and those sellers are now under contract for their new home here in Lawrence. They wished there had been more houses to look at but are very happy with their home selection.
Web Reference: http://www.MLSPlease.com