Market Conditions in 12566>Question Details

Elise, Both Buyer and Seller in 12566

Should one choose a Broker in town or 30 miles away from home being sold??

Asked by Elise, 12566 Tue Mar 15, 2011

Thanks for your question, Elise. It sounds like you are really doing your homework! I agree with Karin, it is important to interview several Realtors before making this important decision. As for the location of the agent, I believe it is important that your home be available for showings when requested. If you choose to have your Realtor present for all showings, then you would want an agent that is located near the property so that he/she can be available in a short amount of time. The right buyer for your home could be the one who calls from the car while passing by. You don't want to have your agent tell him he can see it tomorrow or the next day. If he (the buyer) is in the neighborhood (and in the mood) now, you want to have him see your house now. You should have an agent working for you who understands this and is willing to accomodate you and the buyers.
I would be happy to discuss any more questions you may have - please give me a call.

Karen J. Mills
R J Smith Realty, Real Estate Solutions
Pine Bush, NY
Web Reference:
Hi, Elise -

It's a good idea to interview a Realtor before you hire one. While distance could be a factor, more important than the distance is the Realtor's knowledge of the neighborhood. Maybe the Realtor lived or worked in the town or has relatives there. A sample of other interview questions for a broker...How long have you been a Realtor? Are you full time? How many homes did you and your brokerage sell last year? What type of support and supervision does your borkerage office provide you? What specific marketing systems and approaches will you use? How will you keep me informed about the progress of my transaction?

I would be happy to answer these questions for you about my business and about what I could do for me!

Karin Poggio, Associate Broker
229 Rt 32
Central Calley, NY 10917

(845) 597-5997 direct/text