Market Conditions in Mobile>Question Details

Jeff, Home Buyer in Mobile, AL

Saraland or Midtown? If you had to put your money on one of these 2 areas for growth, appreciation, and

Asked by Jeff, Mobile, AL Mon May 5, 2008

desirability over the next 2 years, which one would you choose?

Answers

3
Hi Jeff,
Im going to give you my biased answer. Midtown. Specifically the Historic Districts in Midtown. Here is a link to the Historic Society for Mobile. http://www.mobilehd.org/. If you are going to invest in Midtown, you need an agent or broker who knows this area real well. One street in the wrong direction and your investment could be a bad one. I'd recommend you contact Dale Mims, with Mims Realty. His office is right on Government Street next the Downtown. He has lived there his whole life and knows the area better than anyone I have yet to meet. He has represented us in buying many properties in Midtown.

Here is his contact information:
Dale Mims
Mims Realty
Agent Cell: 251-423-4884
Office: 251-433-0141

Feel free to contact me if you need further guidance.

Travis Foote
I would say it is going to vary. As far as growth i would say saraland for the simple fact that there is more land available for potential growth with commercial and residential sites being devloped almost daily. As far as something already devloped with a great return on investment I would look at midtown. Mid-town and saraland are both bringing in lots of activity but the types of buyers to vary between the two places. If i could find a bit more info from you I could tell you exactly which area you should consider. If i can help in anyway please do not hesitate to call 251-583-5501 or e-mail jennydees@prucooper.com . i look foward to hopefully speaking with you in the very near future. Have a great day !
It reaally depends on how you are going to invest. They are totally different markets. Are you trying to flip houses or rent them. Short term rent(2 years Saraland) long term midtown. There are a million different ways to do this. If you would like to know more you can contact me at jeffdees@prucooper.com

thanks