Trulia San D…, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

San Diego's suburban growth slightly outpaced urban growth- do you agree?

Asked by Trulia San Diego, San Diego, CA Thu Oct 11, 2012

Do you San Diego locals agree with Trulia's recent findings? Is this a trend that is here to stay? Or will the urban growth have a comeback?

Check out the rest of our Urban vs Suburban Growth findings here:
http://trends.truliablog.com/2012/10/even-after-the-housing-…

Answers

3
Both urban and suburban San Diego areas are seeing inventory drop and bidding wars heat up. Urban San Diego still has several "condo" buildings that were converted to luxury apartment building as the market crashed and builders could not recoup their building costs.

These will soon come on the market and we may see more "growth" in the urban part of San Diego. Right now a lot of my buyers in the downtown market are concerned with the HOA fees of some of the complexes (many exceeding $1,000 a month). Some of the "apartment" condos may have lower HOA fees when they come on the market helping buyers be able to afford living in downtown.
Once again Donny, I'm not sure what you mean by "FAKE"? There not trying to hide or misrepresent anything. What's wrong with them asking industry related questions on their own venue?

Now to offer up some personal feedback from a local perspective. I've seen a lot of growth in both market segments for the past several years. Downtown high-rise condos seem to be rebounding robustly while beach properties and some rural areas seem to be seeing some forward movement.

There's also a preponderance of blighted areas where you can get some pretty good fixers or market areas that took a significant foreclosure hit and are starting to come back to life. Overall I think SD will do just fine. After all it is "AMERICA'S FINEST CITY" {:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Fellow Licensed professionals, please do not respond to Trulia's fake question posts. Trulia is lying to gain our business and I believe it is criminal.