Market Conditions in 19952>Question Details

Woeisme, Both Buyer and Seller in 19952

Rental Market Status--I have a home in southern Delaware I wish to rent. I called a few (about 4) agents, none of whom returned my calls. What's

Asked by Woeisme, 19952 Tue Dec 1, 2009

up? Should I call the local realtor's assoc. for a referral or is the home rental market dead in this part (Kent County) of the state? Also listed the property (in good condition) on the Dover Airbase's rental web; few bites. Got any suggestions?

Answers

8
Woeisme,

I am obviously not from your area so I can't help you with specifics, but I just wanted to say that anytime someone says that an agent (in your case, agents??) didn't return calls, I'm angry.
Carmen says most agents don't deal with rentals, but that is certainly not my experience in my area. Rentals have become an ever increasing part of our business as sellers have turned to other alternatives in this difficult buyers market.
Regardless, even if I didn't deal with rentals, it seems like common courtesy to call back and perhaps even help direct a person to someone who can help.
I'm sorry, I know I didn't help you at all. Just venting.
Good luck and I hope you find the help you need.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 1, 2009
Woeisme,

Look in your local paper and find the company with the most rentals. Call and ask for their top rental agents. Many realtors do not engage in rental transactions. You want an agent who specializes in rentals.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 1, 2009
I am very sorry nobody has returned your phone calls. I strongly dislike when people don't have the courtesy to call you back and that is not the way I do business. As an agent in the Dover area, I can certainly help you in renting out your home. Please contact me at 302-981-6485.

Jeff Hoover
Give me a call and I will try to help you. Rentals are in high demand right now. My number is 302-245-3881.
I am looking to rent a property in Southern De., what area is the home in? We currently rent/reside in Milford and would like something close to the area if possible and are looking for a bigger home than we have.
One explanation might be that because of the bad economy the real estate market lost about 1,000,000
agents across the united states.
Any professional real estate firm should have returned your call in a timely manner.
We at Pugatch Realty have a public relation person that check if the agents returned all calls promptly.
Try going into the real estate office in person and let them know what your needs are.
good luck
Joshua Zargari
Pugatch Realty
When leaving messages, especially if on voice mail are you speaking clearly and repeating your telephone number slowly--oftentimes, I receive messages but the call back number is spoken so fast that it's impossible to hear no matter how many times I listen. Have you considered walking into any Realty office and approaching someone in person--don't be too concerned as to their locations; sometimes a local broker is no more skilled than one from a few towns away.

Anna
I am from southern delaware and I manage rental properties i would be interested in speaking with you to see if I can help you get you place rented