Market Conditions in Miramar>Question Details

Tina Braska, Both Buyer and Seller in Carol Stream, IL

Please let me know what the taxed are and the HOA fees please, We intend to move down there in serveral months

Asked by Tina Braska, Carol Stream, IL Sat Jul 7, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3073552394-5200-San-Jose-Blvd…

Answers

8
Henry Pruitt’s answer
Depends on the price that you pay for the condo, the insurance company and whether or not you are a new customer, about $600 a year would be in the ball park. If a storm is in the area you may not even be able to get insured until it is over. Are you currently caring a home owner's insurance, if so do they have offices in Florida? Would love to assist you, just contact me directly at hpruitt@advantarealty.com or (904) 635-4861.
No taxes on leases longer than 6 months. No HOA fee paid by tenants. Check out the listing on our local website at http://www.watsonrent.com.

Have a GREAT day!
Wayne Jones
Watson Property Management
Hi.....GREAT question! Here in Florida we have what we call HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION which allows an owner of property in Florida to deduct $50,000 of assessed value for their primary residence.This is how it works. If you pay $100,000 for your primary residence the tax assessor will probably assess the home for about 90-92% of the sales price.....so....you would have the home now assessed for about $92,000. You are then entitled to $50,000 tax exemption which will bring the adjusted taxable value to $42,000. You will then be taxed at a rate of approximately $18.00 per $1,000 of adjusted taxable value. So you can expect to pay property taxes of about $756 per year or $ 63.00 per month(if escrowed). You will also be expected to pay a modest solid waste fee and a stormwater fee...about $180.00 per year total. REMEMBER....Florida does NOT have state income tax. As far as insurance is concerned....it depends on the type of construction and the location....you MAY be required to have flood insurance if you are in an area which is determined to have a chance of flood over a period of 100 years....there are maps available...but...it is easier to just check with your chosen insurance company. The age and condition of the home is also a consideration... A $100,000 home would probably require $600 to $800 per year for insurance.
Let us know if you have additional questions.....we offer a FREE area tour...you will want to know the best places to go and all the local hang outs!! Also....how to get involved in the arts, recreation, boating, fishing, beaches, the differences in the area.....have a safe trip and the Welcome Mat will be out!!!! Donna
Tina, You have all the information from the other agents. Let me be the first to welcome you to Jacksonville. I would like to be your agent. As a Remax Realtor and a state certified residential real estate appraiser, I know our local market. I will look after your best interests throughout the transaction.
Don Price USN-RET
REMAX Specialist
1008 Park Ave, Orange PArk, Fl 32073
904.962.8089
The discription posted does not match the listing information. According to the MLS it is only 1749 sf and is a 2 bed 2 bath condo. So if you are looking for 3000 sf and a 4 bed This will not work for you. As the others have said, many agents would love to work with you. Making sure that you are getting what you are looking for is an important thing.

Sharon sharonmolnar@att.net
904-382-6892
Hello Tina,

As you already know the HOA fees are $275 per month, and the taxes will depend on the purchase price of the unit that you purchase starting around $600. There are many good agents that is willing to assist you in the purchase of a new home in the area.

May I reccommend picking one agent and working with him/her to the closing of a contract, that will require a lot less effort on your part and ou will get to know the agent, and they to know you to better assist.

I think that you will like Jacksonville and all that it has to offer. Happy house hunting. And good luck.
Depends on the price that you pay for the condo, the insurance company and whether or not you are a new customer, about $600 a year would be in the ball park. If a storm is in the area you may not even be able to get insured until it is over.
Are you currently caring a home owner's insurance, if so do they have offices in Florida? Would love to assist you, just contact me directly at hpruitt@advantarealty.com or (904) 635-4861.
Flag Mon Jul 9, 2012
Any idea what insurance would be?
Flag Sun Jul 8, 2012
Hi Tina, Hoa fees run $275 monthly. Taxes will be approx $600 per year. Let me know if you'd like to view other properties with that criteria. Have a great day.
Hi Tina,

Nice older Condo Complex.......the Condo fees are $275 a month, fairly reasonable for our area. The taxes will be based on the sales price you pay, about $600 a year at a $95K sales price.

Here is the link to the listing http://www.flexmls.com/link.html?x0j51lxlocj%2C14%2C1 Copy and paste into your browser if this does not hyperlink.

I would love to help you find a home here in Jax or our surrounding areas.

Feel free to visit my site at http://www.johnnysellsjacksonville.com or call me anytime at 904-234-7724