Trulia Phila…, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

Philadelphia's suburban growth slightly outpaced urban growth- do you agree?

Asked by Trulia Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA Thu Oct 11, 2012

Do you Philly locals agree with Trulia's recent findings? Is this a trend that is here to stay? Or will the urban growth have a comeback?

Check out the rest of our Urban vs Suburban Growth findings here:
http://trends.truliablog.com/2012/10/even-after-the-housing-…

Answers

3
I do agree, but please note that the numbers are very close; almost identical.

Although Philadelphia is really starting to grow again, there are still many great neighborhoods outside of the city that both locals and transients love. From someone who grew up in the suburbs, but now lives in the city, I have seen both sides. Plus, Philadelphia schools still have a way to go.

On the flip side, most of the investment/development dollars in our area are all going to the city. Neighborhoods that were once sleepy are now vibrant and full of new residents and new, local businesses. Plus, depending on the neighborhood, you get great bang for your buck in Philadelphia (on both the price and on property taxes).

If you run this story next year, it may start going the other way. The momentum is currently in Philadelphia's corner.

Tim

Timothy M. Garrity | REALTOR®, e-PRO®
U S Spaces, Inc. | #RS314897
2043 Locust St. 1F | Philadelphia, PA 19103
267-879-2716 - Call & Text
215-829-8850 - Office
PhillyUrbanLiving@gmail.com
PhillyUrbanLiving.com
Yes.I feel this statement is correct .Philadelphias population has gone up slightly but the migration out continues .
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2012
Ya Know, It’s really Personal Preference.... I have Empty Nester Clients that want to be closer to Shops, the Arts, reduce to one or 0 cars and the kids are gone so....they opt for the city.

On the other hand... you have starting Families that want the Yard for the Kids, and the rooms to grow their family.

Sheri + I are on the County Line of Urban Philadelphia Pa and Suburban Bucks County Pa which also is a Central Hub for Princeton N J- New York + Philadelphia so..... Its Great serving Both styles of Home Living.

No working day is ever the same + we Love it that way.

All the Best John Curci RE/MAX Properties 215-757-2889