Market Conditions in 92506>Question Details

Dang9312, Other/Just Looking in 92506

My son will be attending at ucr this fall. I am thinking of buying a condo near ucr campus under $70,000. i do not know the areas that much. I saw

Asked by Dang9312, 92506 Sat Jul 10, 2010

one listing on Massachusetts Ave for under $70,000 one bed. I need your opinion on the areas. thanks.

Answers

5
No! That area is a really bad area! If you are willing to pay around 100k, You can get a condo in the Mission Grove area. Cross streets- Alessandro x Mission Grove. Or you can probably find a decent fixer upper in the 92507 zip code off of Blaine. Condo's will not go up in that area or any other area!
Ed Says:

"The area you are questioning on Massachusetts is a fair area. A lot of the bad runs over to the good though. If I were you, I would spend a little more and check out the Canyon Crest area, which is south from UCR. The area is much nicer and right now it’s not a whole lot more expensive. I am not sure if your son will have a car or not, as Canyon Crest to UCR is about 2 miles. If you would like for me to send you a list of condo’s in the area, drop me an email or phone call."

Gee, that sounds suspiciously like "steering" to me. And the "rift raft" sound like code for something else. I'd be very careful if I were you Ed.
Massachusetts has more than one listing at around that price. Although HOA seems high to keep up the place but most of them are ready to move in condition. HOA and the community has stepped up to keep the place clean and safer. The Palmilla's efficient floor plan makes the space larger than many. Just about a mile from UCR, your son can skate/walk to school, a saving for you and your son on gas and parking fee.
The condos on Massachusetts are what they are. You really need to come check out the area and condos for yourself. There are a couple of other condos just a little further away from the school but the association dues are higher. Your situation is unique to you and your son. I think it's time to get a Realtor on your side to talk about your goals and what your options are.
The UCR area is an area that has seen much improvement over the last few years. University Village just west of the campus and 60 freeway has a large movie theatre, many places to eat including (Fatburger, Rubios, Dennys, among others). There is a bookstore, coffee shop, a great area for a student to go off campus to get something to eat, find entertainment, meet others, just a good place to take a break and relax. I lived two streets over from Massachuttes from 1983-1999. It is an area of single family homes mixed with apartments and condos. There is a Stater Bros food store close to the area along with a K-Mart.

Give me a call and I can tell you more about the area;
John Shackelford
Prudential California Realty
951-313-1534