Shannon, Home Buyer in Colorado Springs, CO

My husband and I would love to close on a home before the year is out.

Asked by Shannon, Colorado Springs, CO Tue Aug 11, 2009

We are looking at the fountain widefield area. I would love some opinions on the market there is it a safe bet at this time to purchase what are the city zoning regulations like? Would there be any benefit in waiting a year or two? We are looking at buying an older home in the area avoiding the areas near the sewage treatment plant and anything too far north in widefield. Are the older neighborhoods relatively stable family areas or will tons of modest priced homes in new developments force the older neighborhoods into a state of decline? I would rather not have my 2 year old living across the street from a meth lab. (we have also looked at a few neighborhoods one just south of constitution and north of peterson air base also the area east of academy and west of the air base looked pretty well kept.) Our bank has given us the go ahead but we don't want to poorly time our purchase. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Answers

5
Hello Shannon;
I advise you to look at the areas that you're thinking of buying. What do the other homes look like. (Yards, condition state of the home, drive by at night--Friday etc..) I've noticed the new homes in the area also. I've sold older homes in the area. Some of the homes are very nice and then there are others. I would think that the new builds would help the area. Not everyone wants a new build. Now is the time to buy!! The market will and is changing. It's a Buyer's market now, but not for too much longer.

Let me know if you need any help, It would be my pleasure.

Gilda Baxter
"Your Home, My Reputation"
719-598-3183
GildaBaxter@msn.com
Web Reference: http://www.GildaBaxter.com
hello,

So sorry I have not answered this yet, the site on trulia was not responding to me. If you have not moved ahead with a purchase yet I would love to help you!
Please give me a call at 719-233-1866 and we can discuss all the details.

Thank you
Laura Ginnett
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 7, 2009
Hello! How is your house hunting going?
If you are a first-time buyer, your time frame for purchasing and getting the $8000 tax credit has just been extended to April, 2010.
I would be happy to provide you names of professional and experienced agents who work in the Fountain/Widefield area.
How many houses have you seen so far?

Laurie Clark
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
laurie.clark@coloradohomes.com
Hi Shannon,
If you haven't already moved...We are forced to sell our wonderful house in Fountain,CO that we love (but have to relocate due to military orders). We live in a very family friendly neighborhood on a cul-de-sac on Brook Valley. We have great schools and they are building a new recreational park within walking distance with a water park, basketball courts, soccer fields, etc. We have lived in Fountain since 2001 ( 2 different houses). Check our house out on militarybyowner.com- click on Fort Carson link or on assist2sell.com. I'd be happy to answer any of your questions about Fountain. Kara - 719-200-4200
Hi Shannon :o)

You are beginning your search at a good time. Prices have moderated throughout the Pikes Peak Region and the monthly statistics are showing a stabilization in our market of properties coming on and off the market. What this means is that we are roughly selling the same number of homes in the area each as are being newly listed. This helps to create a balance of supply to demand.

We are still in a strong buyers market with many choices available in the area, and while many areas have seen modest to larger adjustments in home selling prices, we have hareas in the northeast part of town that have even seen some very modest appreciations in the area of about 1%.

Depending on your price range and your family's requirements, there should be a good deal for you to choose from in the areas you mention. If you are concerned about crime and sex offenders, I would recommend that you look at the Colorado Springs Police Department's crime statistics on their website at http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=52 and you can also contact the Fountain Police Department and El Paso County Sheriff's Office at http://www.ci.fountain.co.us/department/?fDD=13-0 and http://shr.elpasoco.com/ respectively.

If you would like assistance in narrowing down and evaluating your choices, please feel free to contact me for more information and a personalized home search website customized to your needs that searches the MLS 4 times a day for properties meeting your specific criteria and allows you to review, make notes, save to favorites right from the comfort of your home computer.

Best regards
Brian L. A. Wess
CRS, GRI, ABR, ASR, CSR, e-PRO
Realtor®, Broker Associate
Residential & Investment Specialist
Pat Newell & Associates, Inc - Metro Brokers
Colorado Springs, CO
Direct: 719-528-6672
Web: http://www.BrianWess.com
The EXCLUSIVE Homes For Heroes™ Realtor® Serving the Entire Pikes Peak Region!
Ask how much your service can save you

Voted "Best Realtor in Colorado Springs 2006 & 2008"
The Independent News Readers Poll: Gold 2006, Silver 2008