Market Conditions in 30075>Question Details

Fifa881@gmai…, Other/Just Looking in 30075

My husband and I are trying to find comps for our house. any advise on where to go to find houses sold in our?

Asked by Fifa881@gmail.com, 30075 Sun Jul 19, 2009

area this year. We are not planning on selling right now but just want to know our house value. Many of the real estate web sites ask for
personal information that we are not willing to provide. Any advise? Thanks

Answers

12
Email your address or at least your neighborhood and a description of your home and I'll be happy to send you a link to recent sold comps and current active listings...no strings attached....no other personal information necessary.
Deryk
info@keylocationsforyou.com
Many sits will provide sold info but you need to actually look a homes that are really comparable to yours. To get the best info, contact a real estate professional like myself. We can provide a CMA (market analysis) for you.

Barry Wolfert, Associate Broker
Recognized by Communities Magazine as one of Atlanta's 100 Best Realtors

Wolfert & Wrenn Real Estate Team -
Keller Williams Realty Consultants
Direct: 770-656-7551
Please try Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com They should not ask for personal information to search for comps.

Great question. Real estate sales are public information. With the advent of more and more electronic information, yours may be a community that has information on line. There is a pubic access website known as "Qpublic". Many tax assessor's offices use this program to input data on individual property. Depending on the subscription of your local county, you may be able to look up your property and then search recent sales in the area. It will provide a baseline for your property. Naturally it will not give information on the finish details of a home, but will provide you with a starting point. Many real estate agents will provide you with a CMA (comparative market analysis) if you are an acquaintance (or in the hope of getting your listing when you do decide to sell). The definitive way to find value is to hire an appraiser. In our area the cost is approximately $350. I hope this information is helpful. Good luck. Marlene Kimball of Century 21 Smith Branch & Pope, Cordele, Georgia.
"Fifa",
You are welcome. Please keep us updated on your progress through this thread. I, for one, would like to know the result of all your efforts. Best of luck.
Deryk
Keith,
Thanks for the advise. I have been in contact with some of the agents in this website and they have been very helpful in providing the information to help us with the process. I will definitely refer them to friends and neighbors.
Thank you Deryk and Karen for the comps. I sent the letter of appeal today and look forward to hear from the Tax Assessors Office.
Hi Again,
Something else that you will have to consider in the near future. These counties base their budgets on tax revenue projections. As property values continue to decline they are bringing in considerably less money to use for county services, maintenance, improvements etc. They can only cut so much from the budget without causing harm to critical county services. They have to make up the shortfall somewhere. Many are doing this by raising the millage rate which will basically offset the reduction you get for taxes due to lower property value. It's either that or cut county services which most residents do not want. The more people appeal their taxes and get reductions in place the faster the county will move to raise millage rates to offset the shortfall.

In Forsyth County that is happening as I write this. There is a proposal to be voted on very soon to raise millage rates to offset budget deficits. I am sure it will pass and will add about $30 to $50 to the average property tax bill. No matter what happens the cities and counties still need to generate enough revenue to cover expenses and that will continue to come from our pockets one way or another.

Deryk
Fifa
I would take one of these nice Realtors up on their offer and have them look over your situation.

It is common for homeowners to need help with property tax appeals and most Realtors are happy to help.

If you know anyone thinking of buying or selling perhaps you could refer them to the Realtor that helps you.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
We are appealing our property taxes and we may need to present supporting docs of the appeal. The house value has declined with the market but the tax assessor office value is the same as 07 and 08.
Fif,

Eventhough your decision to sell may not be in the near future your best course of action for accurate information is to contact a couple real estate professionals and request a CMA(comparative market analysis). This will provide you with the information you need to keep up to date with what's going on presently with your real estate market.

Best wishes,
The Eckler Team
Get an appraisal for the best picture, drop me an email and I can run things from the desktop rather quickly.

Hank
what is the reason you want to determine value? if you aren't planning on selling what's the point?