Market Conditions in 89144>Question Details

bruce  green, Real Estate Pro in los altos, CA

My home is a 3br.,2ba,1,710 s/f, one story,13 years old on esk dr zip code 89144. Above ave. condtion. What should I ask for rent on a 1 yr. lease?

Asked by bruce green, los altos, CA Tue Sep 13, 2011

my email is: bgreen@interorealestate.com

Answers

7
I find most of the active property managers put their rentals on craigslist. I would look for a similar property
and see what the rent is going for. I would them call the property manager and ask them your specific situation. I would NOT under any circumstances NOT have a property manager for a rental in Las Vegas

David Cooper Forelosure Specialist with 35 Years Investing Experience. Receive a New FREE List of Low Priced, Foreclosure and Short Sale BNargains in Good Areas with Great Cash Flow. Go To website or Call +1-702-499-7037
Hi Bruce,

Are you going to handle the property management by yourself? If so, you will be saving yourself around 10%, but you could also accure some headaches.. I really like that housing developement. It's close to Palo Verde HS and a Middle School. You should be able to recieve about $1350 for rent on your property. Keep in mind there are a lot of people out there looking for a rental that don't have very good credit because of our housing market situation. It doesn't mean that they won't be great renters. It just means they probably lost their home to a short sale or Foreclosure. Have a great week.. Penny O'Brien with Simply Vegas.
Oak Knoll is a KB development accross the street from Palo and Sig Rogich. I owned the 2450 sq ft house backing up to a city view- totally redone. $1450 was a top rent on that. In this case, the 1 stories have a great floorplan and Esk backs up to the wash which is a better side of the street than being the lower lots accross the street. Those houses had the vaulted ceiling as an option and the vault made a ton of difference in rentability and resale. Rent for a 1 story in there can be a higher square foot price because there are so few 1 stories in that area of Summerlin.
In Nevada you need a property manager license to do property management and I don't have one so I will not give you a rent price opinion but others have. Craig's list is King in Las Vegas. If you need someone to do landlord errands, you can pay my wife - just send me an e-mail - we live within 5 minutes of the house. She ran an eviction/landlord assistance company in NM for many years and can do anything.
The most recent properties that rented in that zip code rented for $1300 (1718sqft on 09/12 Blt 2000), $1400 (1678sqft on 09/12 Blt 2001) & $1375 (1614sqft on 09/09 Blt 2001) whether this reflects the neighborhood of your home is a completely different question.

Please check your email for the list of the most recent rentals and have a great day!
You can ask between 1350 and 1550 depending on location, and condition of home. We are a property management company and know this market very well. Advice...provide the most you can so you can ask the most you can and do a very good back ground check on tenant. If you need any more rental advice please call or email me. If you need help with management we charge 8% of rental amount. Advice is free. :)

Matthew D’Ercole
One Source Realty and Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves".
Read the Constitution, Teach it to Your Children.
Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com
Hi Bruce!

Since I notice you are in California, this is a question that I would ask your property manager. As you know, Nevada requires you to have a local "responsible person" for emergency calls, etc..

However, a quick check of the MLS shows that most of the comps are renting between $1295 and $1550.
Bruce,

Each neighborhood is different in the Summerlin area. In 89144, there are neighborhoods that range from $1100 to $1800 for what you have described. Call or shoot me an email with your address and I will pull the comps for you and let you know what to ask.

Jeffrey Sklar
Broker
Property Manager
Southern Nevada Property Management
8871 West Flamingo Road Suite 202
Las Vegas, NV 89147
702-522-6764
http://www.werentvegas.com
jeff@snevpm.com