Rob, Other/Just Looking in Kalispell, MT

My home in Corvallis MT appraised for $374,000 in the summer of 2006 as a 4 bd / 2 bath home. Since then, we

Asked by Rob, Kalispell, MT Wed May 27, 2009

added a 3rd bathroom, new interior paint and a large deck onto the back of the 2600 sqft home. Is it worth less, more or the same, taking into consideration the current economy situation and the improvements?

Answers

2
Donna Johnson’s answer
I agree with Mathew, that there is a substantial shift in Market. Most appraisers give greater value to square footage on the main level of a home. Decks, landscaping, paint etc. do not generally increase the appraised value of the home. It does increase the appeal to a buyer and, therefore, are more likely to get a buyer to readily pay for full market value of your home.
Rob, Without viewing the home and pulling comparable sold properties I cannot give you a selling value in today's market but as a real estate broker that is very active in todays market I can confidently say it is worth less than it was in 2006 even with the added bathroom, new paint and a deck. There has probably been about a 20% loss in value or more and the improvements likely bring it back close to it's former value but not quite. If you need to know for sure have an experienced real estate agent do a competitive market analysis and tell them you want the honest truth of what it will sell for in today's market not a price you want to hear. I hope this helps.

Andrew Hohnberger
Coldwell Banker Wachholz & Co Real Estate
Kalispell, MT
andrew@montana4you.com
406-751-4331