Karen, Home Owner in Chandler, AZ

My home at 6481 West Gary Drive was subject to a scam where dis-honest real estate people tried to sell it for 30,000 and it wasn't for sale.

Asked by Karen, Chandler, AZ Fri Jan 28, 2011

Fix it? Remove this at once.

Answers

7
Ok, so Jerry is a pretty intelligent person that throws a blanket statement out that all Realtors(Not Relators) are crooks. Very classy!! I know a lot of crooked realtors from when I lived in MN and every single one of them are out of the business becaus ethey are fly by night and don't want to work hard to earn their money. A little lesson for you Jerry in the decline of real estate. Mortgage brokers and bankers were selling an ARM product which is a horrible product if the homeowners underpay on their payment plan. Appraiser inflated things at times to get things done. Most of all, banks were lending numerous properties to the same borrower and knew it, so there is certainly a little blame for the Realtors(not Relators), but the bulk of the burden can go elsewhere.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 28, 2011
Stange statement, can you provide more details?
Karen

I'm sorry that you were subjected to a scam on your home. We have a number of agency's that are investigating and taking action where appropriate on this type of activity. Some of the agencies I know of are the FBI, HUD, local law enforcement, the Arizona Department of Real Estate and the Arizona Financial Institution as well as local Boards of Realtors if the person is actually a Realtor.

The agencies really do want to know of the experiences like yours because many of the guilty parties are impacting multiple people. If they did it to you they are likely targeting others as well. Sometimes the agencies can compile enough pieces of information together to locate and prosecute the violators.

Have you filed a police report on the incident? I suspect that the Chandler police might be able to guide you in your efforts to properly report the incident. If they won't take action I would then encourage you to contact the Arizona Department of Real Estate and see if they can guide you.

My personal involvement as a Director of some Real Estate Boards in the Valley has provided me enough exposure in this area to know of some of the parties investigating. I'm not law enforcement, just a Realtor that cares enough to be involved.

Please report the incident and or feel free to contact me if you have questions or need some guidance.

Doug McVinua
HomeSmart

Arizona Homes for Sale by a Guy from Iowa
Web Reference: http://www.McVinua.com
Every medium, electronic or carbon paper based (remember carbon paper?) has had it's share of cheats and scams. As doctors, mail men and drivers all vary in ability and technique, so do Realtors. None of us are identical although most of us try hard to stay up with the market and the technology of our business'. What we can't do is police the properties we list for clients. Scammers can cut and paste in a heart beat, put their own name at the bottom and there it is, your house listed at $30,000. So in this age of electronic media, we have to be careful, and the buyer as always has to beware. Last, if it sounds too good to be true...DAH! Jerry's off base, but who really cares. Everybody points fingers at everyone over the housing and economic crisis. I blame the New York banks and investment houses. They are the ones dictating underwriting requirements and developing new loan products. Heck, that doesn't happen at a local level. But those of us still answering questions have made it threw the worst of times, and hopfully we are al beter off for it. Have a great weekend! Hope you all sell something !

Philip M. Rosenberg, ABR, CNE, CRS, E-Pro
Member NARPM
Broker/Owner
ValleyWide Property Services
FAX: 480-269-9919
480-473-4532

http://www.azvps.com
I have had scammers try to sell my rental listings as well. Not realtors as far as I could tell, just people trying to scam the general public into parting with deposit fees. Craig's List was where this happened.
How did that happen? How could they try to sell it if it isn't for sale? Shame on them.
Karen, notify Trulia at customersupport@trulia.com.

Stephanie Weiss
ValleyWide Property Services
480.273.7472