Lyn, Home Buyer in Boca Raton, FL

Looking to purchase a condo in boca. Is the spring or late summer better for a good deal?

Asked by Lyn, Boca Raton, FL Wed Apr 18, 2012

Answers

19
Jennifer Susanne Sommers’ answer
Dear Lyn,

My recommendation, is figure out which condo bulding you are interested in. Next, contact a REALTOR and have them provide you with an analysis of the building. Then, wait for what you may consider a "good deal". There is NO better time than now to start your condo search.

Jennifer Sommers, Nestler Poletto Sotheby's International Realty
One South Ocean Boulevard, Suite 11 ⃓ Boca Raton, Florida 33432

O. 561.235.7777⃓ C. 786.390.9299 ⃓ F. 561.997.2614
Jen@AgentBoca.com ⃓ http://www.agentboca.com/condo-communities-in-boca-raton-florida/
I think the only answer to this is the market ....

We have experienced a very unique time in real estate, the market is certainly showing signs of improvement... The current market here is hot... Properties that are properly positioned in the market are sold very quickly. We have many short sales and foreclosures on the market. Many of the short sales can be very challenging to obtain (I am very capable here). There are many potential strategies to employ - depending on all of the factors of the sale.

So to be more specific to the question, I would look at the marketplace at the time "YOU" are prepared, if the market is favorable make your purchase, make sure you have a strong knowledge base to back up the purchase price - If you believe the market is going down - consider holding off on your purchase, watching the market closely... Many people would agree; now is a very good time to buy! The market may and may not be ready when you are -

Need real answers -

I have been a full time resident of South Florida for almost 25 years, the last 10+ years on the beach! and know the area, communities and buildings well.

Gary Youngman ~
Palm Beach (561) 306 - 7653
Dade / Broward (954) 295 -0993
http://www.garyyoungman.com
Web Reference: http://www.garyyoungman.com
The short answer is that now is a good time to buy a condo in Boca Raton. The Boca Raton real estate market has heated up considerably in the past year. While there are still many great buys available, there is more competition among buyers. The best priced condos, condos with the best locations in the building or the best locations in Boca Raton, and condos with the best views sell the most quickly. There are always more buyers in Boca Raton and Delray Beach in "season" which runs from November through April. Some buyers are looking for a place to use this year, others will be looking for a second home or relocation home while staying in a seasonal rental.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
Lyn,
Do not put off your purchase. The prices are going up slightly every month. Once you pick your realtor professional ask him/her to show you the "solds stats" for the areas you are looking at and you will understand that what I am telling you is real.
Get mortgage pre-approved, and go on the house hunt today !

Best of luck,

Marsha Umansky
PRAG Realtors, Inc.
954-673-1624
maru72@bellsouth.net
Good Morning!

If you are also to consider Delray Beach, I just got a new listing at Lago Delray ( also know as Lago Del Rey).
It is a 2/2 condo tastefully renovated and decorated with lake views for $ 69,000. The furniture is negotiable and the unit shows really nice. Here is a link to the Lago Delray Property:

http://tinyurl.com/86ehmxn

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to set up an appointment to see it.

Karina Leal
Leal USA Realty
561-350-3503
In this market you won't find the prices dropping in the summer. We are seeing a lot of activity in the Boca condo market. In fact, I just posted a blog speaking to this quanitifiable increase of 15% over the last year. If I were you I would find a qualified realtor in the area who can set you up on alert on the mls system, so you monitor the acitivity of condos that match your criteria. They can set you up so you get alerts when prices are reduced, properties are sold, etc. Good luck in your search!!!
You will find that Boca Raton condominiums are not seasonal in price. So the answer to your question, is, "Yes, either time of year is ok. And so is winter or fall."

Condos in Boca Raton have fallen in value just like single family homes in Boca Raton. However, houses and condominiums in Boca Raton can't be compared to fruits and vegetables, whose prices often fluctuate with the seasons.

While unsold inventory of Boca Raton single family homes and Boca Raton condos have dropped considerably in the last few months, no one is predicting large price increases in our market any time in the near future.

So if you're looking for a deal on a Boca Raton condo, bring cash, or a mortgage preapproval letter- make an offer, and expect to find some room between the asking price and the final selling price. But don't look for seasonal variations in Boca home prices.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
You should start ASAP. Prices in most communities already reached bottom and are increasing in value.

I would be glad to help on your search.

Karina Leal
Leal USA Realty
561-350-3503
http://www.karinaleal.com
Greetings,

The best time to purchase any home is when a property that fits your wants and desires pops up in the neighborhood that you have identified. The key to getting that great deal is to monitor that neighborhood for new listings. When a potential Short Sale or REO reveals itself........BE READY!!!

Good Luck,

Ed Davis
Realtor, The Keyes Company
Boca Blue Lake Office
1200 Yamato Rd B-1
Boca Raton Fl, 33431

http://eddavis.live.keyes.com/
eddavis@keyes.com
561-654-7931
Hi Lyn,

It really makes no difference, whether it's Spring or late Summer. Some people say that after school season starts everyone has settled in and the buying rush slows down a little bit, but that's not a proven fact.

In any case, now is a good time to buy and a lot of investors and individuals are taking advantage of the opportunities in the market. If you are buying cash all you need is proof of funds, and if you need a loan I recommend to get pre-approved by a lender. That way when you find the property you want to purchase you are ready to make an offer. If you need any help with the process please call me.

Nitza Ramos
East Coast Realty Group
Direct: 954-856-3156
Web site: http://www.nrcv.com
Blog: ask4realtor.blogspot.com
Hello Lyn

Plenty of theories out there I am sure. We have been living and working in this market since 1978. We have found that a good number of the "smart money" investors, etc. like late Summer, the "Season" is over and there is more motivation out there. May I suggest you enroll in an automatic email notification program(its free) and all Realtors can provide it, including us. As property comes on the market that meets your criteria you will be notified via email the same day and you can act quickly. We are ready to help of course with any questions you may have, Good luck

Chrissy Piazza
RE/MAX Advantage Plus
561-213-4204
Lyn,

Really no "seasonal" difference in this market and the best thing you can do is clearly identify your specific needs and target those developments that will meet them. We see great opportunities come up and depending on the buildings you are targeting buyers must be well prepared to act quickly.

The market continues to evolve and each market segment has different metrics so it is important for buyers to understand the numbers surrounding each property they are contemplating. If there is anything at all I can do to help please feel free to contact me for a complimentary consultation.

The very best of luck to you and I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
To the extent that that the traditional "Seasons" apply to seller
pricing one could say the Spring is too early and the Fall too late!
There are many other dynamics that affect seller pricing. Waiting
for the "right season " may prevent you from landing a better deal
to be had at the "right time " Best of Luck ! Buying "Right " is as
much an art as it is a science !

Bob Brubaker Highlight Realty Palm Beach County Fl. 561-876-6649
Web Reference: http://pbc-realcam.com
Hi Lyn. The good deals are happening now, will be happening in the spring and summer. There's a lot of inventory of great condos on the market and more come on the market daily. My recommendation is to decide when you want to buy a condo and give yourself 3-4 months to find one. In other words, work backwards 3-4 months from the date you'd like to close and begin looking at that time. The great deals will be around for years.

Happy hunting.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
http://www.buysellboca.com
561-445-8743
Kathi Braun
United Realty Group
5550 Glades Rd Ste 101
Boca Raton, Fl 33431
http://www.kathibraun.com
info@kathibraun.com
561-702-4043
Spring and Summer are popular buying times.
In recent months, investors are puchasing properties. Especially in the lower price ranges and now there is little inventory. Many locations have every unit under contract.
I suggest that you find your dream condo as quickly as you can, because prices are sure to rise.
NOW is the best time to buy. Inventory is dwindling... reports are out there that prices will be up 10% by the end of the year. It is essential to have proof of ability to pay for the property. If cash, be able to give the agent you choose a copy of a bank or brokerage statement where the money is "liquid". If a mortgage you must get pre-approved - if we work together I will give you the names of three lenders to call and talk to and you pick the one that suits you best. You may need to give them the last two years of tax returns and then further paperwork.

If you would like to explore working together (I have 12 years of exprience in this area as a Realtor) let me know how many bedrooms, do you have any pets, do you want to lease it out, and after you are pre-approved we will know what price range to look in.

You can start your condo search at http://www.FLWaterfrontCondos.com.
Marilyn Jacobs
Jeffrey Ray & Associates
561-302-3388
marilynfjacobs@gmail.com
If you are preapproved and have the finances to purchase, then now is the best time. The market is not fluctuating between seasons. Homes in good condition and priced right are selling quickly. Find an agent who is knowledgable about the inventory in the price range that you are looking in. If you are purchasing a condo, you'll need to find a lender who will finance that type of property. This may be a challenge. Another option would be to pay cash. Townhomes, however, are more easily financed. Good luck!
I would like to assist you finding the best deal possible. Please give me a call at 561-674-6168 or email me at george@brgrealestate.com
Looking forward to speaking with you.