Market Conditions in Elmwood>Question Details

Darlene, Both Buyer and Seller in Durham, NC

Looking to buy outside Philadelphia, PA. How would we get information about recent sales of comparables in?

Asked by Darlene, Durham, NC Wed Apr 23, 2008

the area other than through our real estate agent?

Answers

4
I work for Fillmore Real Estate and we have a relocation department they can connect you to any area you are looking to buy properties to get comparables.
Darlene,

You can get market snapshots from this site as well as others like Realty Trac. Such is easy enough to find by doing a simple Google search. However you should know that these onlines tools will not give you specifics. For instance it may give you a neighborhood but within the neighborhood there may be homes varying in sizes and conditions. In addition the info you receive will not be the most up-to-date. However your realtor can give you the most up-to-date info as well as specific homes to compare to your subject. I personally don't like these snapshot tools because the info can often be misunderstood if not interpreted correctly.

Are you concerned that your realtor is not providing you with all the comparables? If so you should have a candid conversation with them. As realtors we have a fiduciary duty to put your interests first. Well that is the case if you have a buyer's agency agreement with them. If you do not and this is the first time you are hearing this term then you should be concerned. To be sure you should just schedule an in person meeting. At that time together you and your realtor can look up all the comps. It is as easy as a few keystrokes. I always have my laptop. Often times when I'm previewing homes with a client we sit right at the kitchen table and review recent sale, pending and active homes on the market.
Hi Darlene,

There is an agent that can get you that info. Coldwell Banker is a very good brokerage that delivers truely remarkable cervice. I can connect you to one. My info is at CincyHouseExpert.com

Thank you, Sheri
Public records at the county courthouse. This the best and most accurate way. Although it is very tedious.

I believe there may be some websites out there that MAY be able to help you. Although I can not attest to their accuracy.

Terrence Charest