Market Conditions in Sanibel>Question Details

D Stanton, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

Looking to buy a condo on South Seas resort Lands End.

Asked by D Stanton, Philadelphia, PA Sun Oct 12, 2008

in Captiva, Florida however the prices don't seem to have come down relative to the rest of South FLorida. Any insight into why this is or if we can expect prices to come down in the near future.

Answers

3
Oh- forgot the great prices on the 2 best gulf front condos-
Tarpon Beach 2/2 is $758,000
Sanibel Arms West- F2 $737,000
" the carretta report"
In this business...experience matters!
In general prices have come down some 10-20% over the last year throughout sanibel and captiva...Lands end is a unique location..therefore may not of conformed to the normal drop...a few
unique properties dont move much in price. If you were looking several other places yes you would see a drop, but the South Seas buyers do love Lands End and it is reflected in their pricing.
Are you only interested in Lands End? Could I send you info on anything else..there are some great values..such as the tarpon beach listing I have ( top floor gulf front ...2/2/ vaulted ceilngs-pol tennis -bring your puppy if you want..check it out at teamsanibel.com...Looking for high rentals...sanibel arms west gulf front 2/2 sees $50,000 income...not the charm of lands end though...
I have been in business here for over 28 years..if I can send you more info..let me know
Glenn Carretta, John R. Wood Island Real Estate Inc
1019 Periwinkle Way
Sanibel Fl 33957

239-850-9296/239-395-3100
Glenn
To see what the sales are each week- please go to teamsanibel.com

Glenn Carretta
Broker Associate
John R Wood, Island Real Estate
239 850 8286
glennc@coconet.com
Web Reference: http://www.teamsanibel.com
Great question D. Captiva is truly one of the most beautiful areas in not only Florida, but anywhere in the US for that matter. Most properties there are either on the bayside or gulf front, which will demand a premium price. Also, there were never too many properties built which has kept supply and deman in check. South Seas units have consistently held their value due its location at the end of Captiva and its beautiful beaches, tennis courts, and amenities. The good news is that Captiva has proven its true value by staying consistent in pricing throughout this recession. Let me know if you have any other questions or would like to take a closer look when you come down.

Sarah Brady
Lighthouse Realty
239-839-2437

http://www.bradyrealestateteam.com