Michelle, Home Buyer in

Looking for property managers in San Jose/Campbell area

Asked by Michelle, Thu Aug 21, 2008

I am thinking about using a property manager to manage a rental, but I have never used one before and don't know of any good companies or what are the typical rates they charge. Any comments?

Answers

2
Hello Michelle and thanks for your question.

Here in the San Jose area, property management fees are typically between 10 to 12 percent of the gross rental fee. In addition to that, the property manager will charge you to place the tenant in the home--usually between 1-2 months gross rent to cover the advertising and showing charges. If this is your only home or might be a short term rental, you might first consider renting the home yourself and working closely with a good tenant.

If, however, you would prefer to hand this task to a property manager, contact the Tri-County Apartment Association for a list of their property manager members in your area. The Tri-County Apartment Association or "TCAA" serves consumers and property managers in the three counties--San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz. Their offices are located here in Cupertino on Stevens Creek and you can reach their website at http://www.tcaa.org or by phone at 408-342-3500.

Good luck!!

Grace Morioka, SRES, e-Pro
Area Pro Realty
Tel (408) 426-1616
Most real estate management companies charge a 10% fee. If you need more information drop me a line.
Good Luck.